Security Risk Analyst
The Security Risk Analyst will execute the work of the Synchrony (SYF) Application Security team. This individual will leverage knowledge of security Standards, Procedures, and industry best practices as the key point of contact for documenting deviations from security standards.
The Security Risk Analyst will contribute towards process improvements including assessment of vulnerability risk, development of documentation, and identifying opportunities for streamlining and automation.
This position is remote, where you have the option to work from home. On occasion we may request for you to commute to our nearest office for in person engagement activities such as team meetings, training and culture events.
To ensure the safety of our colleagues and communities, we require employees who come together in-person to be fully vaccinated. We’re proud to offer you choice and flexibility.
- Evaluate and process Application Security exceptions to Information Security Standards and Procedures
- Prioritize and track exceptions through exception lifecycle, and action through each phase accordingly
- Coordinate with Application Security team on exception remediation validation
- Maintain cooperative relationship with infrastructure, application, database, network, and desktop/laptop teams to facilitate exceptions
- Understand vulnerabilities, their impacts, mitigation techniques, and document and articulate this understanding to various stakeholders
- Create and enhance internal documentation, e.g. job aids
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 3+ year of experience in Information Security; OR in lieu of Bachelor’s degree, 5+ years of experience in Information Security.
- 1-2 years experience in application security, vulnerability management, risk management.
- For Internal Applicants: Understand the criteria or mandatory skills required for the role, before applying.
- Inform your Manager or HRM before applying for any role on Workday.
- Ensure that your Professional Profile is updated (fields such as Education, Prior experience, Other skills) and it is mandatory to upload your updated resume (Word or PDF format)
- Must not be any corrective action plan (First Formal/Final Formal, PIP)
- Employees who have completed 18 months in the organization and 12 months in current role and level are only eligible.
- Level 8+ employees can apply
- Experience with Lockpath Keylight, or other GRC platform
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, to include ability to present to a non-technical audience
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimal guidance/direction
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.co.in.