ADCI - Coimbatore CS - SEZ
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design
- patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field with 3+ years professional experience in software development.
- Proficiency in at least one modern object oriented programming language such as Java or C++.
- Good understanding of CS fundamentals, data structures and algorithms.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Able to work in a diverse team
Hiring Organization: ADCI – Coimbatore CS – SEZ
Post Name: Software Development Engineer, WW Installments
Come join a highly innovative team dedicated to building the next generation of online payment systems that support payment products globally with high bar for availability and security!
In this role, you will be responsible for delivering some of our most strategic technical projects, deliver large scale systems, design new software systems at the cutting edge of distributed storage and database technologies and have a significant revenue growth and bottom-line impact on our business.
As we build innovative payments solutions for our customers, the role provides a opportunity for the developers to build a strong portfolio of patents for Amazon. The role will also include defining and implementing extensible, multi-faceted solutions that support global and region specific payments specific protocols and workflows. This is a critical program, with high leadership visibility, and opportunity for delivering significant business value.
We are looking for passionate, experienced software developers that can lead key tech work streams and deliver high quality software solutions to support variety of customer use cases that are scalable to handle amazon volume.
Developers in the team need a strong understanding of Computer fundamentals and practical experience in building full stack, large scale distributed systems. Experience with web-based applications and/or web services-based applications, especially at massive scale, is also helpful.
Key job responsibilities
- Define, design, and implement multi-tier distributed software applications.
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes that meet requirements for functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and adherence to development goals.
- Must be able to design code and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex changes.
- Must be able to effectively collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple teams in a large organization (software development, QA, Project/Release Management, Build and Release, etc.,).
- Provide on-call production support for payments services.
About the team:
Global Installment Lending(GIL) team is based out of Bangalore which provides “equal pay” capabilities to customers. The GIL program offers loans to customers during checkout enabling them to purchase large value items and pay for them in several monthly installments. It currently provides 3 products in France viz.
4xCB (pay for Amazon purchases in 4x equal monthly installments, charged directly onto the customers’ preferred bank cards), Paymens (pay for Amazon purchases in equal monthly installments, with the payments made by direct debit from the customers’ bank accounts) and CreditLine (make subsequent purchases on Amazon without reapplying).
GIL tech team owns the entire customer experience from application, checkout to refund. It partners with third-party lenders to deliver “equal pay” options in new countries.
- Experience in Payments domain.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.