Dyson META sub-region covers markets including UAE, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and South Africa as well as future new markets. As part of EMEA region, Communication function in META is managed by Turkey office by META Senior Communications Manager.
Dyson META now has a requirement to recruit a Communications Executive based in Dubai to join the META team. He or she will report directly to MEA Communications Manager based in Dubai.
The Communications Executive will play a crucial role in supporting Communication Manager based in Dubai developing communication and social media plans across market with a dedication of Saudi Arabia region, maintaining direct relationships with the media and influencers, as well as working with selected agencies.
The candidate will also be expected to have a close working relationship META and EMEA Comms teams and Group Communications based in Malmesbury, UK.
About the role
The candidate will be directly reporting to MEA Communications Manager based in Dubai, UAE.
The successful candidate will be working in words, images and videos – across print, online, social media, events and through word of mouth. We are looking for a candidate with relevant experience and who has a strong appetite for a challenge and for developing themselves. He or she will be dynamic, technology driven, has event management skills and relevant consumer experience. He or she should also be good at social media tracking and have connection with media and influencers as well as bloggers.
The candidate must be capable of adding value as a business partner in a matrix organization and will be naturally interested in the business. In addition, the candidate must be able to manage several agencies and projects.
He or she must be fluent in Arabic and English.
- Support in developing the PR strategy for MEA, especially focusing on KSA, highlighting the key media and influencers that Dyson need to build a relationship with, for existing and new products.
- Liaise with global counterparts to leverage PR strategies, materials, and execution.
- Raise awareness of Dyson’s story, Dyson technology and Dyson’s presence across MEA through a program of technology launches and continuous media relations.
- Build, maintain and own strong media and influencer relationships in the market, including print, online, and bloggers. Frequent person to person meetings and technology briefings will be required.
- Develop and pitch for PR opportunities across all media and channels with a particular focus on in-depth magazine features, in-depth TV features and documentaries as well as product reviews.
- Understand the media landscape by reading relevant media and social sources to develop a good understanding of the marketplace.
- Pitching both planned and reactive Dyson stories to media.
- Manage a list of seeding locations. Amplifying stories where appropriate.
- Up-skill PR agency in market where Dyson doesn’t manage media relationships directly.
- Share press materials, pitching ideas, guidelines, and toolkits, including social media assets. Work with agency to localize press materials, helping to find the Dyson tone in the market.
- Work with agency in market to organize and deliver market and product launches throughout the year. Develop plans to ensure they are appropriate for Dyson.
Influencer relations/social media
- Manage influencers across Dyson’s range of technology.
- The successful candidate will identify KOLs, build Dyson’s pool of contacts, and manage them as part of an ongoing network of influencers. The vast majority of these KOLs will be engaged without monetary payment.
- Execute global content on social media channels and develop supporting local content.
- Spot and respond to opportunities online and in the media (trending conversations and relevant news stories) to build tactical and reactive campaigns.
- Flag any crisis communications on all social media with the group communications team.
- Produce content in the form of press releases, interviews, Q&As, online content, event materials, etc.
- Create and develop news stories to secure further press coverage.
Administrative and Analytic
- Fulfil media requests in a timely, deadline-sensitive manner.
- Monitor and report competitor activity and relevant industry trends, events, and opportunities to appropriate teams.
- Handle PR admin including building and maintaining media lists, collating coverage, managing resources such as keeping files and templates in order.
- Complete monthly coverage reports and pre/post-campaign reports for all major launches.
- Monitor, analyze and report PR results.
- The successful candidate will be working closely with the Marketing, Digital, E-Commerce, Retail teams.
Event planning and management
- Plan and manage media events from start to finish. Responsibilities include:
- Travelling to Saudia Arabia frequently
- Developing event core messages and goals
- Finding and training suitable spokesperson
- Content creation, scripts, presentations, takeaways, biographies
- Source and manage event location and props
- Manage event budgets
- Inviting media
Experience and Education
- A relevant bachelor’s degree from a reputable University is preferred including PR, Marketing, Business Administration etc.
- 4-5 years of relevant experience with influencer engagement as well as day to day press relations.
- Strong understanding of the media landscape across the region.
- Excellent Arabic and English language skills, both written and spoken.
- Good PC skills, including Excel reports and PowerPoint presentations.
- Entrepreneurial delivery focused, and prepared to roll up sleeves to make things happen
- Strives in a fast paced & dynamic environment
- A strong team player
- An achiever, motivated by breaking new grounds and creating a business from scratch
Skills and competencies:
- High level of cultural awareness
- Strong verbal communications skills. He or she needs to be persuasive, articulate – a clear communicator.
- Strong written skills: ability to write concise, engaging and when appropriate witty copy.
- Strong networking skills.
- Strong project management, organizational and planning skills.
- Strong time management skills needed to balance multiple projects, campaigns, and administrative duties.
- Creative and insightful – creating new ideas to engage media.
- Tenacious – determined to develop solutions and deliver results.
- A fast learner and quick to adapt.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office where priorities can change.
- A mature approach and outlook and an ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- A strong team player with an ability and desire to interact with and respond to multidisciplinary and cross-cultural teams.
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Discount on Dyson products
- 26 days annual holiday plan
- EAP (Employee Assistant Program)
- Life Assurance Plan
- Transportation allowance
- Health Insurance
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.