University of Toronto
The Faculty of Arts & Science is the heart of Canada’s leading university and one of the most comprehensive and diverse academic divisions in the world. The strength of Arts & Science derives from our combined teaching and research excellence in the humanities, sciences and social sciences across 29 departments, seven colleges and 46 interdisciplinary centres, institutes and programs.
We can only realize our mission with the dedication and excellence of engaged staff and faculty. The diversity of opportunities and perspectives within the Faculty reflect the local and global landscape and the need for curiosity, innovative thinking and collaboration. At Arts & Science, we take pride in our legacy of innovation and discovery that has changed the way we think about the world.
Established in 1964, the Department of Computer Science is ranked among the top computer science departments in the world. Our faculty have been presented with a wide variety of honours and awards over the years, including two Turing Awards, and many other national and international honours. We provide diverse programs and research opportunities while consistently producing high-impact research that is among the most highly cited in computer science.
Under the general direction of the Vice-Chair, Associate Chairs, and supervised by the Manager, Office of the Chair, the incumbent is responsible for providing general administrative support to the Vice-Chair, Associate Chairs and supporting the projects as directed from the Chair’s Office.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Scheduling appointments
- Formatting data collected for presentations and reports
- Preparing draft statistical reports and summaries from data collected
- Handling sensitive and/or confidential information
- Writing routine documents and correspondence
- Coordinating meeting schedules, agendas, materials, action and follow-up items
- Determining logistical details and activities for events and/or programming
- Making minor purchases
- Advanced College Diploma (3 years) or acceptable equivalent combination of education and recent and relevant experience
- Minimum three years of recent and relevant experience in providing administrative support to academic faculty leaders in academic projects, research administration, industrial relations, and events in a fast paced and dynamic academic institution
- Experience providing administrative support including administering and managing multiple calendars; monitoring schedules and keeping participants up to date with upcoming events and deadlines; experience using scheduling software to assist in the logistics of organizing meetings and events; booking committee meetings and taking meeting minutes
- Experience working with University or academic processes, policies, and procedures
- Experience drafting, editing and preparing a variety of written documentations and communications including the ability to concisely summarize information and prepare original correspondence
- Experience in planning and coordinating event logistics, including coordinating event schedules, booking speakers, making travel and hotel arrangements, arranging catering, arranging space/room and AV bookings
- Experience with providing administrative support in academic searches, and other related processes
- Professional demeanor with a strong customer service orientation and effective interpersonal skills to effectively deal with students, staff and faculty; and ability to be a team player while assisting and supporting other administrative positions within the department
- Excellent organizational, analytical and time management skills with superior ability to oversee a busy schedule, manage competing deadlines,and consistently deliver results with initiative and flexibility
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply procedures and guidelines; coordinate information and arrangements with minimum oversight; and ability to exercise judgement and discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and resolve problems to ensure that administrative processes function efficiently
- Advancedskills in MS Office Suite, Office 365, Thunderbird, Google calender/hangout, Zoom, Adobe Acrobat Pro with the ability to learn and effectively deploy new technology tools for office tasks
- Demonstrated ability to effectively track, manage, compile, review, and present qualitative and numerical data, such as program/student data, ROSI data, course evaluation data, and financial data
- Knowledge of Computer Science programs
- Experience with Academic Jobs Online (AJO)
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Team player
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.