My Delhi Indian Streetery
Skilled Tandoori Chef
My Delhi is on the lookout for an experienced and creative Skilled Tandoori Chef Chef to join our team.
As a Tandoori Chef you will be skilled in using the traditional tandoor oven to cook breads and traditional Indian dishes.
You will be a leader that can command the respect of the kitchen and ensure the team is delivering to your exceptionally high standards.
- You will manage and lead on the tandoor and ensure you are delivering as per the standard operating procedures of My Delhi
- Supervise and mentor junior kitchen chefs
- Ensuring correct stock rotation procedures are followed.
- You must have a good understanding of all roles within a busy Indian kitchen and be able to perform other roles
- You are able to effectively work under pressure and in a busy environment
- You will be responsible for ensuring smooth operations of a busy kitchen ensuring presentation and quality is of the highest standards
- Ensuring costs are being controlled and kept in line with budget
- You will maintain strict controls around food hygiene legislation with a full understanding of food safety laws, ensuring adherence and compliance
- Assist restaurant manager with menu planning and development, crafting new ideas and dishes in line with My Delhi’s vision
- You have a minimum of 5 years working as a tandoori chef experience
- You have an excellent knowledge of the tandoor, a master of marinades and baking breads in the tandoor oven
- You have a passion for food and hospitality
- You lead by example and create a motivating place to work and can get the best out of people.
- You have a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of laws and legislation of a restaurant
- Good team player able to follow the instruction of the Head Chef and Executive Chef.
- Able to organise the section including, maintenance of equipment and cleaning as per the cleaning schedule.
- Ensures material management that include, ordering, stocking and inventory of the ingredients required in the section.
- Ensure relevant hygiene and health and safety standards are maintained within the kitchen.
- Any qualifications from UK or overseas in catering, cooking, kitchen, and restaurant management is preferred.
- Salary: £26,000
- Free meal on shift
- Great working environment
- Annual staff party and regular get togethers
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £26,000.00 per year
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Tandoori Chef: 5 years (preferred)
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.co.uk.