Real Food For Real Kids
About the Role:
Our Super Drivers are like a cross between Captain Planet, a human GPS, and Santa. This punctual posse is responsible for the consistent delivery of our delicious snacks and lunches to little eaters across the GTA.
As the face of our brand, you’ll need to have a tidy appearance and respectful manners (could we introduce you to our mothers?).
To be a dedicated Super Driver, flexibility in your schedule is important. Our AM shift starts at 6:00 a.m. (or earlier), and can vary in length from 5-8 hours.
We want to work with people who live to go above and beyond with customer service. Special consideration will be given to those whose friendly, outgoing attitude suits a child care centre environment and to those who have experience with kids.
Some of the things you’ll get paid to do:
- Load vans according to delivery manifests; assist fellow drivers in loading process
- Follow route and schedule as outlined, ensuring on-time deliveries
- Complete individual deliveries following all steps of service and special instructions (when applicable)
Vehicle Maintenance and Cleaning
- Maintaining clean cab and cargo areas on a daily basis
- Fleet prep work as assigned
- Reporting issues or appearance of warning lights immediately
- Checking fluids on a weekly basis
- Inspecting functional lights and signals, as well as wear and tear on a daily basis
Delivery Equipment Returns
- Cleaning delivery bags and cambro equipment
- Storing/organizing delivery equipment so that it is ready to be reused the next day
- Minimum 25 years of age (for insurance purposes)
- Valid G-Class Ontario Driver’s License with a clean driving record
- Completed Police Background Check. Successful candidates will be required to pay for a police background check along with any additional documentation required to complete the vulnerable sector screening (e.g., fingerprinting services if requested by the police)
- Excellent physical condition: able to lift heavy loads (20-50 lbs) up and down stairs
- Very reliable
- Excellent people skills
- Sound judgment
- Able to maintain a positive attitude when dealing with obstacles
- Interested in healthy eating and living
Working at RFRK comes with other perks too:
- Competitive pay
- Discount on our Real Food Kitchen online store
- Employee Savings Program (RRSP/TFSA Matching)
- $500 Healthcare Spending Account (after 6 months of employment)
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) services and Mental Health Support benefits
- Paid Personal Days (after 3 months of employment)
This position may be assigned to childcare clients that require all individuals and visitors on-site to have the COVID-19 vaccination. Successful candidates will be asked to provide proof of their Covid-19 vaccination status.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.