Teacher of English
- Has experience working within a school setting
- May be recently qualified, but has a passion for teaching English
- Has a passion for working with children and young people
- Has a degree in English or related subject
- Ideally has worked with children in an SEN setting
Personally, you will:
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have exceptional time management and organisational skills
- Be extremely self-motivated
- Have a secure understanding of safeguarding children and equality.
- Be reliable, resilient with an excellent attendance record
- Be a strong team player
- Be versatile; applicants with a second subject are welcomed
Is this you? Then we would welcome your application!
Why work for Yarrow Heights?
We can offer you:
- A competitive salary depending on experience and relevant qualifications
- An SLT who put a calm environment and staff wellbeing at the top of their agenda
- A pension
- A free lunch
- Free parking
- A cohesive team of people who work together collaboratively and communicate effectively, keeping pupils at the centre
About us –
Yarrow Heights School is a mixed 7-16, local authority funded, SEN day school for children, most of who have high functioning ASD.
At Yarrow Heights every pupil is valued and treated as an individual and with respect. We are a team with extensive experience and expertise in special education and therapeutic support for pupils whose needs can no longer be met in a mainstream provision. The vision of our school is to nurture aspiration, develop resilience and empower learning. It is centred on our single desire to make a positive, lifelong difference to the lives of our pupils.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: competitive, in line with teachers’ pay scales, depending on experience
- Free lunch
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Southampton, SO18 1FS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelors degree preferred
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.co.uk.