Jealous Fruits Ltd
Packaging Warehouse Associate
Full Job Description
Jealous Fruits is the northernmost large scale cherry producer in North America. We grow premium cherries along the shores of Okanagan Lake in the renowned Okanagan Valley of British Columbia, Canada. Our cherries are all hand packed in our state-of-the-art facility, located right on our farm, and shipped to our customers worldwide.
As a Packaging Warehouse Associate, you are responsible for aiding in the receiving, organization, and upkeep of our packaging supplies. You should be someone who has a keen eye for detail and accuracy and be comfortable with the responsibility of keeping an accurate count of our supplies.
Duties and responsibilities
- Unload trailers and receive packaging, check delivery packing slips match actual product delivered.
- Safely organize warehouse by product type.
- Distribute packaging product (boxes, bags plastic clamshells etc.) to the packaging line.
- Keep our inventory software up to date with received and used product daily.
- Inform supervisors if certain product levels are running low.
- General maintenance and cleanliness of the storage warehouse & packaging production area.
- Strong experience operating a Forklift within a warehouse environment (Valid Forklift ticket is an asset but NOT required.)
- Be a Canadian Citizen or have a valid Work Permit/Visa.
- Comfortable working up to 12 hours a day, 6 days a week.
- Have reliable transport to get to work.
Our working environment is extremely challenging over a short period of time. Applicants should be aware that this is a farming environment and days off may be limited during our growing and packing season. Applicants should be aware that:
- Work hours are not calendar based, but are dependent on crop maturity and weather (Work hours are generally at least 60+ hours per week)
- Environmental conditions can vary from inside to use caution outside, always
- Be always aware of working area, as machinery and pallet jacks will be in operation around you.
- The candidate must have the ability to work well with people of varying backgrounds and nationalities.
- Great teamwork environment.
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Successful applicants must provide acceptable evidence of being fully immunized against COVID-19 (two doses of Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine, plus 14 days after your second vaccination) before a start date can be set.
Job Type: Full-time – Contract Position
Compensation : $20-23 per hour, depending on experience
Job Type: Seasonal
Contract length: 2 months
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.