Technical Operations Integrated Circuit
Full Job Description
- Diploma of College Studies in Computer Science or Electronics, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with Operating Systems and Networking Protocols.
- Security clearance from the Government of Canada for Protected B work sites.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- Experience working with computer hardware and server hardware or troubleshooting/diagnosing.
- Ability to speak and write in French fluently.
About the job
Google isn’t just a software company. The Hardware Operations team is responsible for monitoring the state-of-the-art physical infrastructure behind Google’s powerful search technology. As an Operations Technician, you’ll install, configure, test, troubleshoot and maintain hardware (like servers and its components) and server software (like Google’s Linux cluster).
You’ll also take on the configuration of more complex components such as networks, routers, hubs, bridges, switches and networking protocols. You’ll participate in or lead small project teams on larger installations and develop project contingency plans.
A typical day involves manual movement and installation of racks, and while it can sometimes be physically demanding, you are excited to work with infrastructure that is at the cutting-edge of computer technology.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google’s product portfolio possible.
We’re proud to be our software developers, developers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Contribute to and lead efforts/projects in the deployment, maintenance and support of current and new data center infrastructure.
- Lead complex troubleshooting and resolve critical or escalated technical issues over a population of affected equipment.
- Help test and troubleshoot new complex server hardware components and designs.
- Configure and troubleshoot OS-related issues on servers.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.