Graduate Back End Developer
Home Bargains is the 20th largest privately owned company in the UK, with 580 stores and a £3 billion annual turnover. This means we don’t answer to faceless shareholders, so we can invest big in our long-term future.
More than just a discount retailer, at our heart we are a technology and innovation company. Doing things smarter and more efficiently – but also differently to our competitors – has played a large part in our success to date.
Technology sits at the core of how we drive efficiency across the business so we can sell things to customers at incredible prices. We have a culture of moving fast and operating at huge scale, meaning we ship software daily and scale it to support the 7 million customers who shop with us each week.
Our Digital team plays a crucial role in increasing sales, reducing costs, boosting efficiency, and allowing Home Bargains to remain competitive in the retail sector for years to come. To help realise these ambitions, we are on the lookout for top Front-End Developer talent to join our expanding Digital team.
As a Back-End Developer you will work either remotely or in our Liverpool office, alongside our Business Analysists, other Back-End Developers, Front End Developers and Product Teams to build incredibly efficient, scalable applications using best in class modern techniques and cutting-edge technologies that operate at a huge scale.
We’re never satisfied with the status quo and truly believe that using the most modern stack and tooling is what enables us to build fast and evolving systems.
- Write high quality code running stateless, distributed applications that you’re proud of, in a DevOps environment
- Design technical solutions to complex problems
- Develop applications to user requirements
- Test and validate work
- Identify issues
- Collaborate with team members
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of internal systems and practices
Minimum Criteria To Apply
The successful candidate must have:
- Computer science degree or equivalent experience
- A proven ability to build applications for broad consumer audiences
- Portfolio of work
And will have experience with some of the following:
- Relational databases (SQL)
- NoSQL / DynamoDB database design
- AWS services
- Event driven architectures
- Working in CI / CD environments
- Git / Version control
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.co.uk.