Established in 1981, Emirates Transport is the largest government company in the United Arab Emirates and a leader in the Automotive Service Industry, Rental, Transportation & Logistics sectors. Emirates Transport is committed to its obligations in the field of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) towards the environment, society, and employees.
To learn more about Emirates Transport visit https://et.ae/en/
About the Position:
We are looking to recruit an experienced Buyer to join Emirates Transport – Procurement team. This role is responsible for determining buying requirements and formulating a buying plan as per the budget for the assigned category.
- Execute Spot buying in accordance with the RFQ process.
- Negotiate with suppliers for best volume, price, and payment schemes according to ET business unit cycles.
- Assist in the preparation of the operational plan and work programs of the department, and follow up on its implementation.
- Assist in the development and update of procurement standards and guidelines and manuals.
- Work within Procurement Department guidelines to establish and maintain a list of “Preferred” vendors and work to build and maintain framework agreements with these vendors.
- Coordinate with different departments to understand their detailed procurement requirement and provide information regarding the vendor’s products, services, and rates.
- Assist in managing the process of development of the Request for Proposals (RFPs).
- Request for Information (RFI) / Request for Quotation (RFQ) and ensure requirements are well defined and optimized in order to provide accurate information to the vendors.
- Assist in managing the procurement operations, workflow, and coordinate with different departments to ensure that the services are provided and implemented effectively, and products are delivered as per the agreements and in a timely manner.
- Help manage post-project materials clean-up (returns, buy-backs, disposal, reconciliation, final invoicing, etc.)
- Coordinate planning sessions with key completions providers, asset engineers, QAQC, and Procurement in support of addressing any potential issues
- Assist in managing the procurement contracts, Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs), Letters of Intent (LOI), and Letters of Acceptance (LOA).
- Ensure that all purchases are initiated with a Purchase Request (PR) signed by the proper authority.
- Assist in managing the resolution of issues with respect to procurement procedures (such as payment-related disputes, and tracking of purchased items with service providers).
- Assist in preparing the periodic reports/newsletters of procurement performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related Business Management or Accounting.
Experience and Skills Set:
- 4-6 years of experience in a similar role.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policies, and systems.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions.
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts.
To apply for this job please visit ae.linkedin.com.