TownePlace Suites by Marriott Hamilton
Ensure total cleanliness of assigned guestrooms to ultimately exceed guest expectations. Respond to guest inquiries relating to the delivery of guestroom supplies.
· Clean bathroom and guestroom thoroughly; bathtub, toilet, sink, walls, mirrors, tiles, counters, floor surfaces.
· Adhere to cleaning procedures and follow “Commitment to Clean” and hotel standards.
· Strip and make beds, changing bed linens, which require lifting bedspreads weighing a maximum of 50 lbs.
· Dust all furniture, pictures, drawers, window ledges, and shelves thoroughly.
· Vacuum, sweeping
· Empty garbage and recycling receptacles
· Replenish all guestroom supplies
· Replenish amenities, linens, and supplies in a housekeeping supply cart
· Sign for room keys,
· Retrieve, pushcart to assigned rooms and restock
· Visually inspect room for cleanliness and appearance and advise supervisor of completion of room cleaning.
· Comply with attendance guidelines and be available to work as scheduled.
· Report guestroom deficiencies to immediate supervisor
· Adhere to hotel, brand, and required cleaning guidelines
· Perform any other job-related duties as assigned by Supervisor, Management, and/or ownership.
· Able to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 100 lbs.
· Requires lifting bundles of linen weighing up to 75 lbs.
· Able to scrub and scour surfaces, extending arms overhead to perform cleaning tasks
· Able to work in confined spaces.
· Extended periods of time standing, walking, lifting, bending over, stooping.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Flexible – able to work weekends, evenings, and some holidays.
· Excellent work ethic; must be honest and work well with others.
· Demonstrated knowledge of the practices and theories normally acquired in a related field or an equivalent combination of relevant education and relevant work experience.
· A thorough understanding of customer service
· Marriott or hotel chain working experience is an asset however, extensive training will be provided.
· Ability to effectively communicate in English (verbally and/or non-verbally) to guests and Associates.
· Self-starter and great disposition.
· Professional appearance and positive attitude.
· Willing to “pitch-in”, support co-workers, and a team player.
· Ability to lift, bend, stoop, walk, push or pull heavy equipment, and stand or walk for extended periods of time. Note: Lifting may include equipment or furniture weighing up to 100 lbs.
· Understanding of instructions from supervisor(s) and Management
· Must be able to commute in a reasonable amount of time and arrange personal transportation to/from the Hotel.
This position is ideal for someone who is:
A hospitality professional with previous Marriott, laundry, housekeeping, or another related experience
Dependable, reliable, and detail-oriented
Demonstrates integrity, honesty, and delivery of high moral and ethical principles.
People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people.
Adaptable/flexible — enjoys work that requires change, new direction, can take on responsibilities and duties as needed.
· Ability to prioritize and organize work.
Goal-oriented — enjoys a challenge, thrives on results, and is able to work within deadlines and change.
Independent – can work with little or no direction and well in a team environment.
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.ca.