Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Tactially supply and generate candidates through executive research using multiple channels.
What will you be doing?
- The Executive Researcher will generate candidates in a consistent fashion across enterprise to support delivery of MD and D searches by the Exec Recruiters
- Deliver three key services:
o Market mapping and competitor intelligence
o Talent Pipelines – diversity, strategic location buildouts and growth areas
o Succession Planning for Senior MDs in partnership with HRBPs and LTCDI
- The researcher will also assist the Exec Recruiters in preparation of MIS and reporting for the clients driving innovation and a better client experience
- Will understand how to capture and capitalize on information flow from external agencies
- Success will be measured through placement (by Exec Recruiter) of quality candidates as opposed to generating interviews
- Will own the strategic technology system which knowledge manages Exec Recruiting activity, candidate static information and candidate interaction with Barclays
What we’re looking for:
- Graduate or Post-Graduate degree from an acrredited university or institution.
- Strong experience in Functions and Technology talent attraction and recruitment.
- Strong experience in different and latest candidate sourcing methodologies.
- Preferably has experience in the banking industry and technology sector.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Background in Executive Search preferred
- Has a practical, commercial approach to data management as opposed to a cerebral, scientific approach
- Service mentality with an aspiration to “delight the client and candidate”
- Understands how to push back on unreasonable expectations whilst maintaining a “can do” attitude
- Manages tough conversations appropriately and understands the need to deliver bad news and communicate when things are going wrong
- Operates with urgency and energy and strives to make a positive impact, does not subscribe to a “them and us” mentality
- Lives the Barclays values and has a shareholder mindset, inclusive and takes ownership of the problem, is able to get things done in a complex global environment
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone’s contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.
To apply for this job please visit search.jobs.barclays.