Perform various clerical, calculating, verifying, posting, record keeping and other duties pertaining primarily to the preparation and maintenance of production or maintenance reports and in supplying department personnel assistance.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain weekly manpower schedule. Provide employee tansfers when required. Distribute as required
- Coordinate vacation schedule.
- Fill overtime requirements. Track overtime hours to keep within 60 hours worked per week.
- Update overtime spreadsheets weekly and provide the Union with copies.
- Maintain accurate KPI’s.
- Producing setup sheets.
- Maintain and manage stage 1 & 2 grievances.
- Answer telephones; take and relay messages.
- Type all correspondence for supervisors, general foremen, or managers.
- Maintain adequate supply of forms and office supplies.
- Ensure a clean and safe work environment.
- Actively participate in all safety programs to improve departmental well-being.
- Promote safety and environmental consciousness throughtout the plant
The incumbent must perform the above-mentioned duties and responsibilities in accordance with all Federal, Provincial, and Local environmental regulations including the Occupational Health & Safety Act, the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, and the Environmental Protection Act. Employees must also report any situation which may have a detrimental impact to human health or the environment to their immediate supervisor.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All external applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.