HEAD OF IT
The Client is a leading charity delivering more services, both face to face and digital to ensure people get access to the help that they need. The Head of IT will support this growth.
The Head of IT will oversee an IT infrastructure team, a digital team and an IT support team to ensure that systems are working and can be enhanced in line with growth.
- To lead on the review and delivery of digital strategy; scoping and planning new digital initiatives as required to improve efficiencies, respond to the changing environment, understand the needs of our service users, and enable integration with other organisations and systems. Report to the board and senior management team on the progress of the strategy.
- Implement, manage and deliver digital projects, ensuring planning, budget control, compliance, elective implementation and stakeholder management.
- To support the development, implementation and ongoing management of the CRM platform and other digital systems.
- Provide overall leadership and line management to our IT infrastructure team & digital services Teams, ensuring elective management of our IT and telecommunication systems including monitoring performance, security levels, business continuity, procurement, and ongoing development.
- Serve as Data Protection Officer for the organisation and as such ensure appropriate data and information compliance across the organisation.
- Ensure financial oversight of our IT and digital provision, monitoring financial performance, securing efficiencies where feasible and developing the ITC budget.
- Adhere to the organisation’s aims, values, policies and procedures, particularly safeguarding and health & safety.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- A level 6 qualification or capability and willingness to work towards.
- Experience of working in a senior IT role.
- Experience of leading multiple teams, working across the organisation and successfully managing and delivering complex projects.
- Experience of leading and implementing digital programmes.
- Experience of evaluation, monitoring and quality assurance processes.
- Detailed knowledge of IT systems, data protection & cyber security, with basic programming skills.
- Ability to think strategically, understanding the changing environment and identifying potential opportunities and risks as it relates to IT & digital.
- Financial acumen to manage budgets
- Able to build and develop relationships at all levels with multiple stakeholders and managers.
- Able to effectively communicate technical aspects to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to problem solve and introduce and embed new ways of working, with self, in teams and across the organisation.
- Willingness to undergo a relevant DBS Check if required.
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.co.uk.