Analyst – F&A
Mission/ Core Purpose Of The Job
KPMG India provides risk, financial & business advisory, tax & regulatory services, internal audit, and corporate governance services. The firm operates from its offices in Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Kochi, Chandigarh and Ahmedabad, and offers its clients a full range of services, including financial and business advisory, tax and regulatory, and risk advisory services.
The KPMG Integrated Center of Excellence (ICoE) is envisioned to support the KPMG India Tax and Advisory practices by executing a major portion of the transactional activities in engagements that are currently being done in the different service lines and locations. The talent pool in the ICoE will be a mix of experienced tax and advisory professionals who will supervise and undertake judgmental activities and commerce graduates who will implement services based transactional activities.
The Analyst, ICoE will be primarily responsible for data processing work around corporate tax, indirect tax, transfer pricing, M&A, BFSI, regulatory and administrative operations. The other responsibilities will include creation of reports, secondary research (tax related matters, industry searches, research on KPMG clients) and data entry through inter-department/KPMG service line coordination and collaboration.
Job Specifications/ Minimum & Preferred Requirements
Education / Business Degree
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) / Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) / Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS) in Finance
- 0-1 years of work experience in KPO, non-voice processes
- Experience in Tax managementin industry/Tax CoE would be preferred
Any other specifications
- Basic computer knowledge and knowhow of MS Office
- Proficient in MS advanced Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook would be preferred
- Possess good understanding about Accounting and Auditing concepts.
- Interpreting and complying with state, local and international statutes, regulations, and legislation;
- Preparing for, and assisting with, transaction tax audits.
- Providing guidance based on research of transaction tax laws and regulations.
- Assisting with the reconciliation of transaction tax general ledger accounts
- Critical thinking and complex problem solving
- Judgment and decision making
- Knowledge on all facets of Taxation
- Have the ability to work under stringent deadlines and demanding client conditions
- Have strong soft skills like inter personal, team and communication skills both verbal and written
- Client relationship management
- Good commercial awareness
- Team player with customer-centric attitude
- Quality focus
- Service orientation
- Accountability for the work done
- Expected to be a team member in large assignments with the audit team
- Culturally aware and adaptable
Key Performance Areas
Key Job Responsibilities
Staff Leadership and Management
- Ability to work in a team
- Responsible for self-learning and development with guidance from Team Leads
- Keen to develop strong relationships with other working groups
- Ensure effective communication across the ICoE
- Participate and provide inputs in ad-hoc meetings
- Execute day-to-day operations
- Resolve operational issues
- Escalate issues and requests, as required
- Report to Supervisor as required
- Direct/Indirect Tax
Tax Litigation & Provisioning
- Collection of documents from concerned authorities
- Conduct secondary research
- Collection of case facts from the client
- Conduct secondary research
- Data collection from client
- Conduction of secondary research
- Preparation & filing of tax returns
- Market Growth Support
- Coordinate/follow-up with client service teams to share the client deliverable
- Sanitize and upload the deliverable on the central repository
- Conduct secondary research on latest developments in the tax industry
- Develop standard templates for proposals for different engagements
To apply for this job please visit in.linkedin.com.