Job Description :
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where collaboration and innovation are at the core of business? Reporting to the Senior Manager, Procurement Services, you will provide dedicated procurement advice to internal partners on a variety of IT and technology related procurement projects, draft tender documents, and lead procurement activities including RFPs (NRFPs & BAFO), RFQs, RFSs and RFIs. You will act as a pivotal support function and enabler within the Procurement Services department on administration and vendor communication during the evaluation process.
If you love providing mentorship to facilitate contract and procurement initiatives and are an analytical and client-focused individual, then this is the role for you!
About the Role
- Conduct market research and supplier analysis.
- Develop and review specifications, pricing schedules, selection methodologies, and evaluation criteria.
- Provide recommendations on procurement conduct and outcomes.
- Maintain accountability to ensure procurements are executed as per contract requirements and internal partner expectations, including change orders and specific contract obligations.
- Plans and coordinates procurement activities for advisor teams.
- Leads special projects of high complexity.
- Consult with internal partners to understand and apply trade agreements, legislation, directives, policies, protocols, and procedures.
- Liaise with Legal Department and other partners, providing timely advice on procurement matters.
- Offer guidance and support to key vendors during the procurement cycle.
- An ability to work independently and as an effective team-member; demonstrated ability to take initiative and exercise sound judgement.
- Post-Secondary education in a relative field of study or equivalent.
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation is an asset.
- Knowledge of procurement contracts and related RFX documentations, including Negotiated RFPs and strategies, evaluation approaches and formats.
- Proven experience in procurement case law and applicable trade agreements.
- Working knowledge of OPS Procurement Directive and/or Public sector procurement experience.
- A focus in IT related purchases is an asset.
- A track record of providing sound mentorship to internal partners on complex matters, including the evaluation process.
- Adept at handling multiple tasks and challenging priorities on time in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong analytical, customer service, and collaboration skills with internal partners services to determine client needs, to liaise with an to develop and maintain effective working relationships with user departments.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly related to negotiating contracts, responding to vendor inquiries, resolving potential sensitivities, and training partners.
- Exercise good judgment and discretion in handling confidential matters and in identifying potential issues/crises and enacting the correct protocol.
- Excellent written skills in preparing formal communications and reports.
- Strong computer skills, experience using spreadsheet and word processing software.
There is a world of opportunities at the LCBO…
Join an organization where you can be challenged while achieving your true potential. A place where you can make a positive impact supporting Ontario business and communities. Discover a safe, healthy, diverse, inclusive, and accountable workplace where your wellbeing is our top priority. At the LCBO, your contributions are respected and valued. Be part of our journey as we invest in people and technology to transform an organization. There really is a world of opportunities at the LCBO.
We foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, so everyone feels valued, respected, and heard. The LCBO is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an interview or employment opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit lcbo.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.