Learning and Development Specialist
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
Do you thrive on developing creative and innovative insights to solve complex challenges? Want to work on next-generation, cutting-edge products and services that deliver outstanding value and that are global in vision and scope? Work with other experts in your field? Work for a world-class organization that provides an exceptional career experience with an inclusive and collaborative culture?
Want to make an impact that matters? Consider Deloitte Global.
What will your typical day look like?
Role specific responsibilities and projects:
- Design, build and execute best in class Onboarding experience for all Deloitte Global (DTTL) new hires across the world, including processes and content to support (communications, toolkits, education sessions, checklists, etc.)
- Partner and collaborate closely with all relevant People COE’s and internal stakeholders, including business unit leaders to deliver a seamless onboarding experience to Deloitte Global leaders and professionals
- Manage project execution for onboarding experience, including technology build out and partnership with Global Technology services
- Manage onboarding experience content, resources, and toolkits
- Manage virtual onboarding sessions, including oversight of scheduling and logistics, speaker selection and upskilling, content review for relevancy and accuracy, and supporting technology
- Ensure assigned deliverables meet project objectives and timelines, recognizing and managing dependencies between other projects and/or initiatives
- Partner to evaluate effectiveness of the entire experience and recommend opportunities for continued innovative improvements
- Track onboarding experience KPI’s and report back on the process to leadership monthly
- Maintain an expert level of knowledge on current learning and onboarding trends, tools, technologies, and theories
About the team
The Global (DTTL) People team supports our talented, forward-thinking professionals with a broad range of development, well-being, and engagement programs to enhance their professional and personal journeys. We provide top-notch, leading-edge thinking and advisory support and partner with our businesses to ensure our professionals develop the right skills and talents to deliver on ambitious priorities.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Instructional Design or related field preferred;
Years of Experience:
- 3-5 years of professional experience, owning deliverables and supporting projects
- Project management and process improvement background
- Experience in communications
- Experience working with global, offshore resources a plus
- Experience managing complex multi stakeholder projects
- Knowledge and experience in basic learning principles
- Facilitation experience virtually
- Ability to work independently and in a self-directed manner with minimal guidance
- Ability to manage competing, high-priority demands in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong business writing skills required
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to change when presented with shifting priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work comfortably with senior leadership in a virtual environment
- Ability to make decisions independently using a strong knowledge of process details to make broader, strategic decisions
- Advanced skills in all Microsoft Office applications required (PowerPoint, Excel, Word & Outlook)
- Experience using knowledge sharing tools (e.g., Sharepoint, MS Teams)
- Experience working with meeting software (Zoom)
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
To apply for this job please visit careers.deloitte.ca.