Alumni Engagement Associate
itrek introduces tomorrow’s leaders in business, law, policy and STEM to Israel, helping them experience the country firsthand through peer-led, week-long treks. itrek’s unique peer-led model empowers students at the world’s top graduate programs to craft and lead an authentic experience for their classmates; experiences that reflect the diverse interests of the program’s participants and fields of study. Whether it’s meeting with members of Knesset, justices of the Supreme Court or technology companies, every trek brings Israel to life through a combination of education, culture and fun. Since its founding in 2011, over 22,000 graduate students across 103 nationalities have visited Israel with itrek, returning to campus with a more nuanced understanding and appreciation of Israel.
itrek is a growing 30-person team based in New York and Israel that continues to operate as a fast-moving and nimble organization. We love exploring new ideas and collaborating as a team to push ourselves and our thinking.
The itrek Network is the alumni network of itrek Leaders and participants, students and graduates from the top MBA, law, policy and STEM graduate programs in the world. The Network provides opportunities for these high-achieving and highly aspirational alumni to continue learning about and engaging with Israel through in-person and virtual events, to reunite with their Israel trek friends, and build on their leadership.
Reporting to the itrek Network Director and working closely with the itrek Network Manager, the Associate will serve as a vital team member in three dynamic areas. 1) coordinate events and initiatives, such as Israeli cooking classes, Israel book clubs, and Israel content briefings, 2) build individual relationships with alumni around the world, and 3) support administrative and operational systems. As a member of a small, collaborative team there is ample room for growth into taking ownership of projects.
The ideal candidate is a go-getter who can handle multiple projects and is excited by the idea of testing new ideas.
- Build and strengthen connections with a portfolio of new and past alumni through 1:1 communication, soliciting their financial support and increasing their involvement
- Coordinate itrek Network programs and offerings, (Israel, social, and professional events), working directly with the Network Director and Network Manager
- Expand the alumni Facebook, LinkedIn, and Slack groups by increasing followers and engagement
- Manage the “Welcome to the itrek Network” experience, including communications, gifts, and operations
- Prepare presentations for organizational stakeholders, boards, and committees, with particular focus on the Alumni Board
- Collaborate with the Network and Programming teams to execute alumni programming at itrek’s annual conference
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prior experience in community engagement, program development or marketing, which can include internships, fellowships, collegiate activities, and volunteer work.
- Strong creative, interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent writing abilities
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to manage deadlines and multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoys creating and implementing new systems and comfortable with learning new technologies
- Passion for itrek’s mission and embrace of nuance and open dialogue around Israel
- Flexible and collaborative spirit
- Dynamic and fast growing non-profit organization
- Opportunity for travel to alumni events and to Israel
- Generous vacation time package including Jewish and American holidays and the ability to leave early for Shabbat and Jewish holidays
- Paid sick leave and parental leave
- High quality Medical, Vision and Dental Plans available
- 5% company match on retirement savings in company 401k
Salary range $50,000-$60,000; commensurate with experience
itrek is a hybrid work environment with a minimum of two days per week in the office. To be employed by itrek you must be fully vaccinated and to work in the office/attend in-person company events, you either need to have received the first booster shot or comply with a testing requirement.
itrek is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
To apply for this job please visit itrek.org.