Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution
Streaming Media Assistant
Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Star+ which brings live sports and general entertainment exclusively to the Latin America region; and Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
The Media Operations Department at Disney Streaming Services consists of agile and responsive teams of technicians that perform the daily processes and procedures of our live and on-demand streaming video products. The department’s responsibilities consist of round-the-clock support for these products, ensuring proper functionality across all platforms.
The Streaming Media Assistant is part of a streaming Media Operations team staffed 24/7. SMA’s routinely provide live, hands-on operational and procedural support for our partner products, including system health monitoring and incident management, in addition to live and VOD streaming media orchestration using proprietary software.
Basic Qualifications :
- Must be available to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Strong understanding of computers and applications.
- Must have an exemplary attention to detail.
- Must possess strong communication skills, including written and verbal.
- Must possess solid organizational skills.
- Must be able to learn quickly and adapt to new situations.
- Must have a strong ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
Preferred Qualifications :
- A solid computer and technical background, with experience working in digital media and online organizations.
- Familiarity with streaming and broadcast media, particularly HTTP Live Streaming (HLS)
- A team player who is enthusiastic with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to troubleshoot efficiently.
- 1-2 years of relevant working experience.
The hiring range for this position in New York is $46,920.00 to $ 60,720.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.disneycareers.com.