Sleep Disorders Institute (SDI)
Sleep Disorders Institute takes pride in providing excellent customer service along with the highest quality of care to all patients. The Medical Receptionist is the first contact that most patients have with our company. We require detail-oriented and organized individuals that can provide friendly and helpful care to our patients and maintain professional standards while juggling a busy environment.
The Medical Receptionist performs clerical activity related to patient accounts, communication and document management, scheduling, insurance precertification, processing of supplies for patients, and provides administrative support to the President and CEO.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The Medical Receptionist must have at least a high school degree, and experience in a professional healthcare practice, or completion of a medical assistant training program.
- Customer service skills
- Professional phone etiquette
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and task completion
- Flexible work schedule depending on clinic needs
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to change
- Team player mind-set
The main tasks of the Medical Receptionist include but are not limited to:
- Greeting patients and visitors.
- Handling incoming and outgoing telephone calls in a timely and courteous manner.
- Registering new patients’ demographic and insurance information and verifying information with patients returning for services.
- Scheduling patients for all services
- Processing insurance approvals and pre-certifications
- Following established patient Check-in and Check-out procedures.
- Taking vitals for patients per protocol and documenting them in the medical record
- Ordering and maintaining office equipment and supplies
- Ensuring that all referrals are entered into the system the same day as they are received by fax, email, web inquiry or phone.
- Converting referrals to visits according to protocol.
- Updating patient electronic medical record as required.
- Processing requests for supplies and services.
- Entering and processing billing information as required.
- Clerical Duties: Filing, Photocopying, Faxing, Typing, Mailing
- Taking and delivering messages
- Communications with patients and vendors and providers
- Maintaining the cleanliness of front office and waiting area
- Providing administrative support to the President & CEO
- Adherence to corporate policies and procedures
- Other duties as required
To apply for this job please visit www.sleepny.com.