Lower Eastside Service Center
Clinical Nurse, LPN
BASIC FUNCTION: Dispenses medication to clients.
- Dispenses physician prescribed, non-Methadone and Methadone medications.
- Reports to the disciplinary team on medical/clinical client in response to treatment protocols.
- Develops and conducts health maintenance and educational groups on issues such as hygiene, nutrition and substance use.
- Writes progress notes on clients’ issues as indicated.
- Assesses medical/clinical needs of clients, writes progress notes, provides input to Directors, Medical Director, Counselors or Psychiatrist and participates in the treatment planning of the client.
- Conducts initial medical assessment on new admissions.
- Reviews and conducts internal audits of medical charts to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Administers and monitors clients’ vital signs.
- Provides emotional support to clients as appropriate.
- Fills in for other nurses who are on leave.
- Performs other duties as assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATION – EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
LPN plus 2 years related experience. Understanding of substance use and/or Methadone treatment. Multi-culturally sensitive to the needs of clients in treatment.
SCHEDULE: Full-Time Tuesday-Friday 7 am-3 pm, Saturday 7 am-12 pm
LOCATION: NY, NY 10002This position requires full COVID-19 vaccination status.
We offer excellent benefits including:
- Generous time off that includes 4 weeks of vacation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Discounted Commuter benefits
- Life insurance & Long term disability
- Eligible for Federal Student Loan Repayment Program
- Training and other additional voluntary benefits
To join our diverse team, please include a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume/application submission. Please visit us at www.lesc.org EEO
To apply for this job please visit www.monster.com.