Hilton Grand Vacations
Front Desk Clerk
Full Job Description
The hourly rate for this role is $27.00 per hour.
HGV Now Offers Day One Team Member Benefits!
Are you customer oriented and friendly who loves working in the hospitality industry? If yes, we may have the perfect job for you in New York City! If so, we may have the job for you as a Front Desk Clerk at our beautiful new property, Central on 5th!
- Provides excellent customer service while checking owners and guest into the property. Responds to services following our brand standards throughout the duration of their stay. Conduct that demonstrates commitment and dedication to our Spirit of Service culture and Hilton Values is an encouraged behavior to be displayed towards our guests and team members at all times.
- Ensures that every interaction with an owner or guest is a positive and memorable experience while checking them in and out of the property and responding to their requests.
- Inputs information into the computerized reservations’ system to update and maintain records. Calls for bell person, as needed. Accesses’ reservation system to determine unit availability and assists guests with reservations or changes as the need arises, maintaining HGVC rental policies in an effort to improve inventory.
- Generates invoices and collects monies due through the rental program and through merchandise sales. Issues and controls unit keys. Maintains safety deposit boxes.
- Provides additional services by taking and holding packages, delivers telephone and fax messages to owners, guests and resort staff. Reviews encouraged check-in lists, noting comments regarding lockouts, special requests, etc. Sorts and distributes incoming mail.
- Receives housekeeping and maintenance requests or work orders and contacts accurate departmental personnel. Relays pertinent information to oncoming shift. Prepares and consistently restocks the front desk with supplies including preparing arrival packets.
- Reports any unresolved problems with owners and guests to management. Maintains clean work area. Provides information on area attractions and resort amenities. Types correspondence and reports for management as needed. Assists club owners in certain aspects of the club program. Assists other departments as needed and carries out other duties as assigned by management.
- Regular attendance, grooming standards and safety guidelines established by the company and site are crucial to the successful performance of this position.
Our dedication to excellence is recognized and celebrated by some outstanding accolades, including being named to Newsweek’s Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces® list consecutively, awarded two sought-after Stevie® Awards in The 20th Annual American Business Awards® including a Gold Stevie for Company of the Year – Hospitality and Leisure and a Silver Stevie Award for Achievement in Growth, being named a top company in Travel & Hospitality by LinkedIn on its Top Companies Industry Edition list, ranking first in the hotel and travel industry on Dave Thomas Foundation’s “Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces” list and becoming a Great Place to Work® certified company.
We offer an excellent benefit package to our full-time Team Members that include Day One medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan, Paid Time Off (PTO) program and extraordinary travel benefits!
- High School Diploma/GED
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Proficient English language communication skills to communicate both verbally and in writing with guests, owners and co-workers, and fully comprehend job assignments.
- Demonstrates excellence in service quality standards that affect guest satisfaction, responding to guests in a timely and professional manner. A courteous and professional demeanor and presentation must prevail when handling upset guests and difficult situations.
- Adjust to schedule changes and cover shifts on short notice in order to meet business demands.
- Ability to multi-task responsibilities and prioritize duties
- Prior cash handling and data entry experience required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit careers.hgv.com.