American Museum of Natural History
Responsibilities (duties) include, but are not limited to the following:
- Physical preparation of incoming biological specimens for cryogenic preservation and preparation of tissue subsamples for research loans INCLUDING: proper specimen inventory, handling, labeling, transferring.
- Working safely with Liquid Nitrogen vapor freezers and cryogenic storage dewars
- Record keeping in specified paper and electronic forms
- Ensuring that all safety guidelines in the laboratory are always followed strictly
- Maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- Laboratory and equipment organization and maintenance
Pay will be determined based on several factors. The hiring range for the position at commencement is based on the type of work and the scope of responsibilities. The salary and placement offered is based on a number of individualized factors, including, but not limited to, skills, knowledge, training, education, credentials, areas of specialization and depth and scope of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in biological science, environmental science, or any relevant science discipline.
- Previous experience with museum collections.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, and Access)
- Experience with collection’s database relational programs (i.e., Emu).
- Previous work in a biological laboratory, museum collections, or relevant work.
- Some molecular laboratory experience is desirable.
- Familiarity and understanding of sterile technique are highly preferred.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong writing, communication, and organizational skills.
To apply for this job please visit careers.amnh.org.