Assistant, Music Touring
Full Job Description
What We Are Looking For
APA is searching for an assistant for our Music Department in NY. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, be in the know of key industry news, be forward thinking, bring ideas, and have a desire to learn and grow within the department. The individual should be a critical thinker, proactive, highly organized, and have the ability to multi-task in a high-pressure environment. This role requires heavy administrative tasks including calendar management, call logs, bookings, expense reports, presentation building, as well as overseeing the execution of deals and special projects. This is a great opportunity for someone who has a non-stop hustle attitude and is passionate about pursuing a career as an Agent.
- Excel (familiar with general formulas), Word, Outlook, Photoshop, InDesign, and Final Cut edit.
- Attention to detail is a MUST
- Handle challenging tasks under severe pressure in timely manner
- Proficient in calendar management and scheduling
- Strong A&R skills
- Prompt and strong business communication skills
- Keeping track of ticket counts, contracts, deposits
- Invoicing and accounting
- Detail oriented
- Tracking payments
- Dealing with high profile managers and executives while understanding the importance of confidentiality and professionalism
- Resourceful, proactive, reliable, trustworthy, and assertive
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines
- The art of follow-up and following through
- Manage inbound phone calls on behalf of agent
- Update client bios, riders and ad mats
- Coordinate with accounting and contracting teams to update client tax information and payment information
- Coordinate with Contracts department on all Performance Contract Terms & Conditions
- Data Entry (offers, ticket counts, finals, deposits, generating contracts, etc.)
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills
Education and Experience
- 1-2 years of professional experience working in the music industry preferred
- Experience with Opus or at an agency is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
APA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.