The NBA is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors and the broader community from COVID-19, and in consideration of recommendations from health authorities and the NBA’s own advisors, any individual working onsite in our New York and New Jersey offices must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including having received a booster when eligible. The NBA will discuss accommodations for individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
This role on the Product Design team will help craft best-in-class user experiences on the NBA app across mobile, tablet, and connected devices like Apple TV and Roku. Collaborate daily with Product Managers and Engineers to solve the unique challenges in major league sports and bring designs to life for NBA fans around the globe. Contribute your skills to an ever-evolving design system, and make your mark on the Design team by supporting its growth with hiring, process development, and culture-building.
- Work with the design team on crafting best-in-class user experiences across mobile, tablet and connected devices like Apple TV and Roku
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering to bring designs to life for NBA fans around the globe
- Advocate and present design work to multiple stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with design, product management, and engineering to solve the unique challenges in major league sports
- Contribute to a growing design system experienced by fans around the world
- Help grow the design team by screening and interviewing other designers
- Work with our research division on user testing and usability.
- Drive and/or collaborate on all user testing sessions
- 3+ years of product design experience using Figma to design across mobile and web on consumer-facing projects (a big plus for prototyping skills)
- Proficiency in iOS (HIG) and Android (Material) design language and best practices.
- A plus if you’ve worked with TV UI patterns on connected devices (tvOS, FireTV, Roku, etc).
- A data-first approach, utilizing research and analysis to make informed design decisions
- A portfolio that outlines your process for problem solving, along with metrics that demonstrate the success of your work
- A passion for accessible and inclusive design
- Strong communication skills and empathy.
- A low-ego approach of challenging your own assumptions, and a desire to work collaboratively with others
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
$110,000 to $125,000 per year
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.
To apply for this job please visit nbacareers.nba.com.