Netflix has grown to 223 million members. With more exciting entertainment titles on the way and a PR team that is always looking at new ways of engaging press and other content creators, it’s a great time to join Netflix.The Canada PR Coordinator will play a key role in supporting the Canadian PR team. Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary and can juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organisation. This is a fast-moving position that requires someone who has a positive attitude and is able to exercise good judgement, takes initiative, is always curious and demonstrates strong communication skills. You thrive in an environment devoid of bureaucracy and layers. Read our culture memo to learn more about how we work at Netflix. The job is based in Toronto and reports to the PR Director for Canada.
- Tasks are varied, extensive, and timely. The Coordinator is responsible for the majority of the daily logistical functions of the team including upkeep of team documents, and coordinating with the Publicity Manager and PR Director on relationship management.
- Support junket, festival, premiere, and press day activities including prep, day-of logistics and other outreach as required.
- Contribute to corporate communications functions including outreach with stakeholders, drafting newsletters and other documents on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinate with outside agencies and vendors to track contracts and ensure timely payment, create and submit SOWs and contracts and PO schedule for payment, onboard new vendors as needed.
- Support press needs with asset and publicity materials, assisting with interview schedules.
- Assign early access screeners and troubleshoot as needed.
- Update information across various internal databases, including the Media Centre.
- Work with cross-functional teams such as Content, Marketing, Awards, Comms, and other teams as needed.
To succeed in this role you will need to be:
- Scrappy, resourceful and relentless in trying to find a solution and make wise decisions, even when faced with ambiguity.
- Able to pivot and adapt to shifting priorities without missing a beat.
- Curious, eager to learn and willing to take risks.
- Comfortable working with a team where everyone has a “no task is too small” approach.
- Have a point of view, be collaborative and offer your unique perspective and voice.
- Not scared to voice complex ideas to peers & leaders.
- Maintain calm while managing a multitude of simultaneous tasks.
- Self-aware and not afraid to share what could have been done better after a project is complete.
- Take action on constructive feedback and give feedback to the rest of the team.
- Interested and motivated to develop your skill set and learn the fundamentals of corporate communications as well as what makes a stellar publicity campaign.
- Embody & promote our company values every day.
- The successful candidate for the Canada PR Coordinator will have 1-3+ years experience in publicity and/or corporate communications in a progressive environment like: in-house, agency, media & entertainment, and/or tech industries.
- Experience handling a high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people, departments and teams while simultaneously managing competing priorities.
- Must possess solid organisational skills and be able to manage time effectively.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.