New York Botanical Garden
Science is seeking a proactive, initiative-taking Administrative Manager to oversee activities related to science administration and strategy. The Administrative Manager will be expected to maintain financial and administrative records and coordinate strategic planning for the division. The Administrative Manager will conduct research, compile and synthesize information, prepare reports and presentations, assist with grant writing, and complete special assignments related to strategy, administration, and communications.
Additionally, this position supports, through actions and conduct, NYBG’s Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility initiatives and helps to build and maintain an inclusive organization culture throughout the institution.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports and oversees administration and related strategy in the Science Division
- Responsible for scheduling and compiling advance briefings and materials for Head of Science and leadership team
- Maintains organizational financial systems related to budget and planning, grant management, procurement, travel, and personnel records
- Oversees delegation of assignments in the Science Division related to engagement, communications, and financial management
- Conducts research, synthesizes information, prepares reports and presentations, and assists with grant proposal preparation
- Plans, organizes and coordinates meetings and special events
- Directs communications and correspondence for the Vice President for Science Administration
- Prepares meeting agendas; takes notes and minutes; coordinates meeting follow-up
- Manages and implements special projects and provides support as assigned
- B.A. or B.S. degree in a life sciences, environmental studies, museum, library or collections field
- Administrative experience preferred; project management experience a plus; applicants with backgrounds in science encouraged to apply
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong and varied computer skills including advanced Microsoft Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint), with research skills for varied projects.
- Strong quantitative skills; ability to manage financial record keeping
- Superior time management skills, ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Diplomacy, tact, discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- A self-starter willing to be proactive, take initiative, and follow through as needed
Salary: Commensurate with experience within the following range: $75-85K annually
To apply for this job please visit www.nybg.org.