New York Presbyterian Hospital
Adult Psych Recreation Therapist
Recreation Therapist – Adult Psych 6S – Days
Imagine a career with New York’s #1-ranked hospital, where people from around the world come to for care of the highest caliber. Working at New York-Presbyterian/Brooklyn Methodist, one of the newest members of the New York-Presbyterian network, you’ll impact the lives of thousands while continuously growing both professionally and personally. Find out how you can Make It Possible.
At New York-Presbyterian, nursing is a life-changing career journey focused on amazing patient outcomes every step of the way. Each of our nurses dares to be truly excellent – thriving in a compassionate culture of care and caring. Together, we improve the health of patients and their families, making our communities – and the world – stronger.
We are seeking a creative Recreation Therapist to provide functional assessments and therapeutic activity programming to meet individual needs and treatment goals for patients. In this position, you will work with adult and geriatric patients receiving treatment and care for a wide variety of diagnoses. Lead patient groups and activities while working within a multi-disciplinary team dedicated to enhancing inpatient activity and programs throughout our hospital, including our early mobilization program.
- B.A. Degree in Therapeutic Recreation preferred, or B.A. degree in related field of study for the population served
- Experience working with the Geriatric population
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist by National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience in activity therapist
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
To apply for this job please visit careers.nyp.org.