Bank Street College of Education
The security guard protects Bank Street College personnel and facilities against hazards of fire, accidents and vandalism; maintains law and order, and enforces all regulations, including those in the Fire Evacuation and Emergency Action Plans. In this role, the Security Guard also performs the following duties:
- Protects the building structure and grounds to which they are assigned, including the contents, occupants and visitors; by patrolling and monitoring CCTV (security surveillance cameras), including the contents, occupants, and visitors.
- Patrols as assigned and seeks out and takes preventive action against existing hazards or conditions which may cause injury, damage or intervene with the usual operation, and reports same immediately;
- Guides visitors in a courteous manner and assists as directed;
- Assists ill or injured persons in obtaining care and treatment, and reports such events immediately by radio or telephone and on proper report forms;
- Maintains order on post and makes requests for necessary assistance from law enforcement agencies.
- Performs clerical duties as needed and other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or the equivalent required.
- Prior satisfactory work experience in law enforcement or security preferred.
- Ability to write legible reports, use portable radio, and use judgment that is sound and proper to cope with any emergency situation.
- New York State Division of License Services eight hour mandated Certificate of Training required.
Salary Range: $35,000 – $50,000 (based on qualifications)
BANK STREET COLLEGE OF EDUCATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, ETHNIC ORIGIN, SEX, OR DISABILITY IN ITS EMPLOYMENT POLICIES AND OTHER COLLEGE ADMINISTERED PROGRAMS.
To apply for this job please visit apps.bankstreet.edu.