National Football League
Full Job Description
In consultation with the VP, Communications, assist in the development and management of comprehensive communications plans and strategies in support of key business functions, including Media ( both owned & operated and partner ), Sponsorship, Consumer Products, International and Legalized Sports Betting.
The ideal candidate will be willing to jump into a fast-paced environment and hungry to take on a number of different tasks. Each day will be a mix of work covering communications activity across several different business units in New York, Los Angeles and Internationally.
- Liaison for Sponsorship and Legalized Sports Betting departments, delivering strategic communications plans that support the business objectives of both units.
- Assist International Communications head in execution of communications plans to support the NFL’s efforts to grow their fanbase globally, including International games.
- Coordinate with point for NFL Media’s communications efforts, supporting publicity work for the NFL’s media platforms such as NFL Network, the NFL app, and NFL+.
- Assist Communications lead for Consumer Products with communications activities to support the growth of the League’s CP business and their partners.
- Serve as a contact with media to help drive impactful, meaningful placements in high-profile national and local outlets.
- Work with media affiliates and partners, NFL clubs, League executives, and other external outlets on a consistent basis.
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with members of the media and influencers including reporters, bookers, producers, talent, and analysts. Also look to develop relationships with emerging news outlets members and non-sports outlets.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum of 5+ years of experience in communications experience drawing from multiple disciplines including journalism, media relations, publicity, advertising, and/or public opinion research. The ideal candidate is an adept storyteller with experience in media relations and publicity efforts.
- Excellent working knowledge of the PR field including experience working in public, high-pressure situations.
- Successfully demonstrated ability to lead, participate in, and support cross-departmental activities.
- A history of working with executives, proven success in executing high-profile communications initiatives, and creativity in using new tactics and tools to communicate internally and externally, including social media/digital savvy in the age of digital storytelling.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, terrific work ethic, excellent organizational skills and strong interpersonal skills. ( Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus )
Other Key Attributes / Characteristics
- Strategic Leader: The successful candidate will think and act strategically as a valued member of the communications department and other NFL units. They will proactively develop creative communications strategies that reflect and promote the NFL’s various initiatives.
- Trusted Advisor: They will serve as a credible resource to media affiliates and partners, NFL clubs, League executives, and other external outlets.
- They will have experience with high-profile brands and leaders, not only managing crises, but also executing positive and proactive narratives. Demonstrable experience working in fast-paced environments that require a high degree of adaptability to change and deadline pressures.
- An individual with intense and dedicated work habits. Someone who takes initiative, speaks their mind, and sets high standards in all they do.
- A person with the highest moral and ethical standards, someone who can be relied upon to always act in the best long-term interests of the League.
- This individual will be creative and proactive, with the capacity to be a hands-on, sleeves-up team player. This leader will have superior business and communications skills and a comfort pitching.
- An individual comfortable working in a diverse environment.
- Occasional travel may be required to key events, such as the NFL Draft, Super Bowl and League meetings.
Salary / Pay Range
This job posting contains a pay range, which represents the range of salaries or hourly rates that the NFL believes, in good faith, at the time of this posting that it might be willing to pay for the posted job. The NFL expects to hire for this position near the middle of the range. Only in truly rare and exceptional circumstances, where an external candidate has experience, credentials or expertise that far exceed those required or expected for the position, would the NFL consider paying a salary or rate near the higher end of the range.
Terms / Expected Hours of Work
- NFL employees are required to work 40 hours per week
- Will require frequent work on nights, weekends and holidays
- FLSA exempt
- The NFL maintains a Flexible Workplace Policy that provides members of our workforce with opportunities to periodically work from a location of their choice, while maintaining a priority on in-person work at an NFL office, which enables us to more effectively collaborate, connect and build a workplace culture that will drive our continued success.
- The NFL is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment that reflects our incredibly diverse fan base. We provide an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all employees and applicants without regard to status as protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit hdmm.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.