Full Job Description
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc.’s uncompromising focus on human potential extends to its workforce. Nike Human Resources teams help attract, retain, and reward the world’s most innovative people by creating programs to help them thrive. They accelerate company growth as stewards of culture, organizational effectiveness, talent and change. The global Human Resources community includes experts in talent planning, talent acquisition, talent development, compensation and benefits, employee relations and more. Together, they develop a motivated, diverse and engaged global team.
Like any winning team, NIKE relies on hardworking, ambitious individuals to thrive. The Office of the General Counsel (OGC) drives innovation in process, technologies, and services, while fueling NIKE with outstanding levels of support!
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?We are looking for a Paralegal on the Global & North America Consumer Marketplace Legal team, based in either our NIKE World Headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon, or in our New York City office. This role will perform a critical role in extending this team’s ability to service the rapidly growing Nike Direct retail business model. To be successful, you must demonstrate initiative and possess excellent risk assessment and reasoning skills. The ability to work independently, track and meet deadlines, balance multiple daily tasks is also key!
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?This role will play an integral role in supporting the attorneys and paralegals on the Consumer Marketplace Legal team. The primary focus will be on the leasing and construction of new stores in North America, providing legal support and business counseling relating to store growth while also working with legal and business teammates running retail operations in Nike-owned stores in North America.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating various real estate and construction contracts and instruments for North America stores, including lease amendments, estoppel certificates, term commencement agreements, storage agreements, signage agreements and lease notices
- Responding to inquiries regarding current contract terms or identifying potential legal risks
- Providing support in connection with the completion, execution and contract lifecycle management of retail leases, construction agreements, and other store fleet contracts
- Performing project management duties for various projects
- Updating database and dashboard information in Nike’s enterprise contract management platform, and other digital collaboration tools.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?Reporting to the Paralegal Manager, Consumer Marketplace Legal, you will work directly with the real estate and store construction teams, including lease administrators, and other partners, such as our Nike Direct and Consumer Marketplace business functions. Occasionally coordinating with cross-functional legal and business teammates in Brand Marketing, Marketplace Partners, and Communications. We also leverage outside counsel and Nike’s Global Contracting Office for additional support. Your work may include transactions for our Jordan Brand division and Converse affiliate.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience and training required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a paralegal at a law firm or in-house at a large company, including work with tenant retail leasing and landlord/tenant transactions
- Demonstrated experience leading and drafting a high volume of contracts under tight deadlines
- Flexibility and willingness to take on and organize projects in new or unfamiliar areas
- Strong bias for action and critical thinking
- Strong collaboration skills and an ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, verbally and in writing, with business personnel at all levels
- Proficiency in Word and Excel, experience with dynamic collaboration tools such as Smartsheet or Airtable, and ability to navigate digital contract management and e-signature tools
- Strong teammate with ability to work cross-functionally in a sophisticated organizational structure
For employees based in NYC and Westchester County, NY, this position has an annual base salary range of $80,000 – $120,500.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.nike.com.