Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Full Job Description
- Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Job Description:MSK Kids, Memorial Sloan Kettering’s pediatric program, is the largest program in the United States dedicated to the care of children, adolescents, and young adults with cancer, immune deficiencies, and blood disorders. Innovations pioneered at MSK Kids are now the standard of care across the nation, helping to improve outcomes for all children with cancer.
We are comprised of leading specialists in the research and treatment of pediatric malignancies and immune deficiencies. Our faculty members collaborate with specialists in other MSK departments to offer comprehensive diagnostic, treatment, and survivorship care. We combine the latest science with compassionate care.
We want you to join us at Memorial Sloan Kettering! You’ll find yourself quickly making a difference in the lives of our patients. When you join us as a Care Coordinator I, you will find important work and become part of a team where everyone plays a meaningful role in the fight against cancer. This is a life’s calling.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and implementing communications based on that understanding
- Adept at creating partnerships and working collaboratively to meet shared objectives and goals
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances
- Work as part of a practice staff team of Care Coordinators to ensure that each physician practice session is well prepared, well organized, and fully utilized and that each patient visit occurs with satisfaction
- Serve as a liaison between the patient, family, and clinical team during the office visit
- Greet/check-in and orient patients to the outpatient visit and to the environment, as well as complete the patient visit by scheduling and coordinating all appropriate tests, procedures, visits, treatments, and consultations in accordance with the physicians’ orders
- A high school diploma/GED and 2 years of relevant experience (frontline, patient-facing role in healthcare)
- A proven dedication to healthcare through work, internship, or volunteer experience
- Excellent digital literacy
- Ability to handle acutely ill patients in stressful situations with a positive demeanor
- Ability to provide at least a 2-year commitment
To apply for this job please visit externaltalent-mskcc.icims.com.