Behavioral Health Counselor
Engages and provides peer support to behavioral health consumers experiencing psychosis. Serves as a role model in maximizing wellness and independence through experience with issues relating mental health. Collaborates with clinical and non-clinical team members to ensure culture of support is reflected in member�s treatment. Assesses, plans, implements and documents individual and group activities geared towards facilitating the rehabilitation and recovery of patient disorders.
- Assesses clients and develops rehabilitation and recovery plans to assist client(s) with transitioning back into community activities including work, school/training, socialization and independent living.
- Provides specialized therapeutic interventions and other treatment modalities.
- Provides crisis counseling and intervention services, as appropriate; as well as provides complex care management and linkage to community services, as well as provides individual and/or group psychotherapy, as needed.
- Promotes patient compliance and adherence to treatment appointments utilizing relapse prevention techniques as well as liaises with patient providers for collateral treatment.
- Provides individuals and group members with the opportunity to engage in activities which promote positive socialized behaviors as well as participates in developing and implementing new/revised, approved programs, initiatives, techniques and/or protocols.
- Provides documentation and feedback on patient participation in program and participates in case conferences with other program staff members, treatment team and/or agencies.
- Assesses program needs and prepares orders for supplies and maintains inventory of program supplies to ensure availability on demand as well as adheres to patient care standards established by health system, regulatory agencies and funding sources.
- Coordinates program and therapeutic group sessions on individual inpatient floors or in the ambulatory programs based on position�s area-of-assignment, also may bill (or provide guidance to billing staff) Medicaid, Medicare and private insurance companies for reimbursable services.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Master’s Degree required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Current License to practice as a Mental Health Counselor in New York State required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, required.
Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a team member’s base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated contracts, budget and internal equity).
To apply for this job please visit jobs.northwell.edu.