Full Job Description
Dedicated exclusively to children and their families, The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) is one of the largest and most respected paediatric healthcare centres in the world. As innovators in child health, we lead and partner to improve the health of children through the integration of healthcare, leading-edge research and education.
Our reputation would not have been built – nor could it be maintained – without the skills, knowledge and experience of the extraordinary people who come to work here every day. SickKids is committed to ongoing learning and development, and features a caring and supportive work environment that combines exceptionally high standards of practice.
When you join SickKids, you become part of our community. We share a commitment and determination to fulfill our vision of Healthier Children. A Better World.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to work alongside the world’s best in paediatric healthcare.
As a Registered Nurse in ambulatory, you will provide family-centered nursing care to children in the Immunology/Allergy Program. You will assess the nursing needs and provide out-patient care to support children and families along the continuum of care.
Here’s What You’ll Love
- A Successful Start – you will participate in an ambulatory nursing orientation in conjunction with mentorship from current ambulatory RNs/NPs in clinic to ensure you have the tools you need to be successful in our unique environment
- Inter-Professional Collaboration- our nurses are an integral part of the inter-professional care team with opportunity to significantly contribute to patient care outcomes
- Continued Learning – lifelong learning is encouraged through internal programs as well as through external means like academic and conference support
- Professional Development – we encourage participation in inter-professional care rounds
- Research & Education – Through various endowments for paediatric nursing research & education we promote scientific advancement in nursing practice and the leadership in evidence-based practice
- Supportive Environment – our RN Council works to ensure we are providing our nurses with a supportive, collaborative, and innovative work environment
- Impact – at SickKids, you will enhance children’s health and change the lives of children and their families every day
Here’s What You’ll Get To Do
- Work within an interdisciplinary team in an ambulatory setting
- Perform in a virtual and in-person setting
- Provide effective education to patients and caregivers with complex needs in accordance with best practice strategies
- Involve children in education using age-appropriate strategies
- Liaise with families and the interdisciplinary team to develop and implement care management plans
- Assess and address potential barriers to self-management including social determinants of health
- Identify community resources for families and/or team members
- Integrate research and/or quality improvement projects
Here’s What You’ll Need
- Baccalaureate degree and/or Diploma in Nursing
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse
- 2 years paediatric nursing experience
- 1 year ambulatory experience an asset
- Knowledge of social determinants of health
- Experience working within the dynamics of diverse populations and family structures
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Strong ability to integrate as a part of an active team member in a complex environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and flexibility in a busy clinic
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in use of computer technology, software, and electronic medical records
- Commitment to an environment of continuous learning
Employment Type: 6-8 month Temporary Contract
Our Commitment to Diversity
The children and families we care for are from a variety of communities, and so are our employees. We welcome and encourage everyone to join our organization and be part of our team.
When requested, SickKids will provide access and inclusion supports to eligible candidates to support their full engagement during the interview and assessment process. Information received related to access or inclusion will be addressed confidentially.
Thank you for your interest in joining SickKids. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with our Hospital policy, employment at SickKids is conditional upon the Hospital’s receipt of all necessary documentation.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.