The Associate, Professional Scouting position is a rigorous 12-month program geared to prepare entry level candidates for a career within the Baseball Operations & Pro Scouting fields. This position is office-based at Yankee Stadium and works closely with all members of the Yankees front office, particularly Pro Scouting leadership and scouts.
- Aid the Director and Assistant Director, Professional Scouting in the execution of many operational and administrative duties within the Professional Scouting department.
- Assist in ranking and composing write-ups of prospects from around professional baseball.
- Review and recommend available players to Front Office personnel for possible acquisition.
- Conduct research regarding Professional Scouting topics.
- Identify and recommend players to pro scouts who should be evaluated in person.
- Ensure that scouting reports are accurate and thorough at all levels.
- Monitor and distribute scout tickets to all scouts in attendance at NYY home games.
- Assist with Professional Scouting and Baseball Operations administrative tasks, including but not limited to supporting scouts with technological and logistical issues, organizing staff meetings, and automating office tasks.
- Is available to perform game duty at the direction of the Baseball Operations department.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Exhibits passionate leadership, high character and makeup, and strong commitment to high standards.
- High attention to detail with the ability to balance many different tasks simultaneously.
- Strong time management skills.
- Interest and ability to evaluate players.
- Ability to work evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
- Completed or currently pursuing an undergraduate degree.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Preference to exposure to SQL Server, R, and/or Tableau.
To apply for this job please visit www.teamworkonline.com.