We exist to provide answers in support of families, victims, and the community during times of profound need.
The core values of the OCME are to put the mission of the agency first, to be truly dedicated, and to have integrity in every aspect of our professional life. Under direct supervision, the selected candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to the following tasks:
- Moves, lifts, and carries heavy objects and materials. May perform demolition work.
- May make use of hand or power-driven equipment in the performance of these duties.
- Assists in the provision of appropriate care for plantings and lawns.
- Mows, prunes, cultivates, and maintains lawns, shrubs, and trees.
- Assists in grading, seeding, planting, sodding, cultivation, and fertilizing.
- Operates manual and/or power-driven equipment in the performance of these tasks.
- Assists in the development and exhibition of botanical collections.
- Regulates the use of park areas and facilities in accordance with park rules and regulations.
- Makes periodic inspections and performs required maintenance on playground equipment, fences, beaches, walks, and other equipment and structures.
- Engages in general maintenance and clean-up activities in parks, beaches, golf courses, and similar areas.
- Operates forklift equipment; assists skilled craftsmen; engages in the repair of bridge structures; repairs gutter brooms. When assigned, engages in the cleaning of bridge catch basins.
- Engages in sewage disposal operations, sewage treatment operations, and bilge cleaning.
- Operates electric ferry bridges
- Loads and unloads heavy equipment and materials at warehouse platforms, moving vans, or trucks.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Qual Requirements
2. There are certain medical and physical requirements.
Possession of a Motor Vehicle Driver License valid in the State of New York.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.