Marketing & Communications | Analyst
Full Job Description
MORE ABOUT THIS SKILLSET
Developing and implementing holistic marketing and communication strategies that deliver the full value of the GS network and expertise to clients. Generating new business and building brand equity by raising the visibility and amplifying engagement efforts locally and globally.
If you apply to this skillset, you will be considered for multiple roles across the firm that require this skillset. Please note division and function examples below are representative of opportunities common for this skill-set. The list is not exhaustive, and availability of open roles is determined based on business.
DIVISIONS AND JOB FUNCTIONS
Executive Office Division is comprised of diverse businesses directly related to our corporate strategy, culture and brand. It includes corporate communications (internal communications, media relations and brand and content strategy), investor relations, government affairs, environmental markets and the office of corporate engagement. Our stakeholders include employees, shareholders, the media, policy makers, alumni and the general public.
- Firmwide Strategy reports to the firm’s Chief Strategy Officer, who is an ex-officio member of Management Committee and work with the Executive Office and senior divisional and business unit management to set and execute key strategic priorities for the firm. We develop, evaluate, and execute plans for new businesses and growth initiatives and leads strategic transactions, including joint ventures, acquisitions, and dispositions, on behalf of the firm.
- Investor Relations works closely with Goldman Sachs senior management to shape the firm’s external messaging for research analysts, debt and equity investors, proxy advisory firms, rating agencies and credit counterparts. This is a unique position that allows candidates to develop an Investment Banking valuation and modelling skill-set and Securities Division market perspective while gaining exposure to senior management, rating agencies, research analysts and key investors. Candidates will work directly with all members of the group across our debt and equity, corporate governance and rating agency teams
- Bachelor’s degree
- 0-3 years of prior work experience in a relevant field.
- Proficient to advanced skills with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Team player with positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt quickly to a variety of industries and businesses
- Ability to self-direct, analyze and evaluate and form independent judgments
- Ability to effectively interact and build relationships with senior management and global stakeholders
- Commercially savvy with ability to exercise discretion with respect to highly confidential/sensitive information
- Integrity, ethical standards and sound judgment
The expected base salary for this New York, New York, United States-based position is $70000 – $115000. In addition, you may be eligible for a discretionary bonus if you are an active employee as of fiscal year-end.
Goldman Sachs is committed to providing our people with valuable and competitive benefits and wellness offerings, as it is a core part of providing a strong overall employee experience. A summary of these offerings, which are generally available to active, non-temporary, full-time and part-time US employees who work at least 20 hours per week, can be found here .
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We’re committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
To apply for this job please visit hdpc.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.