Staff Occupational Therapist
Full Job Description
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Staff Occupational Therapist, Greenberg Hall.
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for evaluating occupational therapy needs and implementing comprehensive, medically prescribed occupational treatment to assigned patients in a supervises program of rehabilitation.
- Responsible for certain level of patient care productivity as indicated by individual Unit Procedures. Demonstrates the ability to provide expected patient contact as indicated by productivity reports and patient contact analysis.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demonstrates appropriate professionalism during job performance.
- Adheres to all department procedure and polices.
- Demonstrates continued proficiency in skills required to treat assigned patient population.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Initial Assessment and Evaluation of Occupational Therapy needs for specifically assigned patient populations. Reviews medical chart to ascertain important medical information and clarifies referral/ OT Treatment orders if necessary for unfamiliar diagnosis. Selects appropriate OT assessment tools and methods in order to accurately determine the patients status for developing optimal treatment plan. Demonstrates effective clinical decision-making and implements changes/adaptations to the OT Treatment Plan.
- Implements Treatment Plans and Protocol according to current professional and health system standards. Establishes achievable and appropriate treatment goals with PATIENT AND FAMILY. Considers a variety of validated treatment approaches and rationales for achievement of patient goals. Selects appropriate technical aids/assistive devices and correctly refers patients to other clinical services to achieve stated program/team treatment goals. Assesses educational needs of patient, families, and implements a variety of methods for patient/family education and training during rehabilitation process.
- Completes all required documentation for patient care and reimbursement. Completes and plans all required documentation in medical chart as required by Department guidelines and JACHO/CARF requirements. Clinical Documentation is through and completes using appropriate medical and clinical terminology.
- Participates in Clinical Education of Fieldwork students and other professional educational endeavors. Teaches and supervises assigned students in the appropriate Occupational Therapy techniques, skills and procedures. Encourages positive learning experiences for Career Opportunity Students and other Non Fieldwork students.
To qualify you must have a Bachelors Degree in Occupational Therapy. New York State Occupational Therapy License or temporary permit. Good Communication and interpersonal skills..
Required Licenses: Occup Thrpst Temp Permit-NYS, Occup Thrpst License-NYS
Masters Degree in Occupational Therapy.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
To apply for this job please visit nyulangone-openhire.silkroad.com.