Theodore Presser Company
A little about the Marketing team.
Imagine being in an environment where the work we create is seen by thousands of consumers each day. We’ve cultivated a culture of collaboration, we enjoy ideating, pressure testing, working across departments (Editorial, Production, Sales, Licensing, Rentals, Printing & Logistics, Finance) to ensure what we create and share with the world represents our very best. Every team member is encouraged to share their perspective as often some of the biggest ideas fall out of attempting to solve something else. If it can be envisioned, we are ready to invent!
This could be your chance!
If you’ve ever been interested in music or the publishing world, this role is your chance to work with people who are passionate about music. We are looking for a highly motivated, creative, detail-oriented, self-starter to serve as a Marketing Coordinator – Events & Social Media. This role will manage Conventions and Events, State Lists, Reviewer programs, Marketing and Social Media across our various catalogs (Carl Fischer Music, Theodore Presser Co, BriLee Music).
This position is based in our New York City office.
Primary position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing the planning, logistics and execution of 6+ annual conventions plus various popup events with specific dealers and partners. Responsibilities include booking, venue coordination, product selection, booth layouts, organizing materials for the booth and reading sessions, coordination with Editors, Sales, Production, Warehouse and Convention partners, detailed briefings for onsite teams, managing travel and accommodation requirements, budget management
- Writing or massaging blurbs for new publications
- Managing deadlines and submitting new publications to State Lists/Reading Sessions and Reviewer Press
- Handling complementary and composer order requests
- Preparing regular email newsletters to dealers, educators and musicians with information on new titles.
- Working with the Production department to create promotional materials
- Assisting in executing and maintaining traditional and social media marketing plan
- Creating social media assets and score videos for various platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Spotify, LinkedIn, Twitter).
- Managing the recordings library, and the uploading of scores to ISSUU.
What we look for in the perfect candidate
- Strong problem solving and project management skills, including the ability to juggle a myriad of priorities simultaneously. Must have a strong attention to detail and nerves of steel, you are not daunted by the odd curveball situation
- Knowledge/background in classical and/or educational music is essential
- 2-3 years related experience – music or book publishing a plus, Marketing, Sales or Event Management experience a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel and to attend performances in the evening, albeit occasionally and possibly interstate conventions.
- Excellent writing, copyediting, and proofreading skills
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in MS Excel and comfort with toggling between databases
- Familiarity with e-mail marketing, newsletters, Twitter, Facebook, blogging, podcasting, and programs such as Canva
- BA/BS degree
- BA or MA in Marketing, PR, or Communication a plus
This position is based in our New York City office. Compensation will depend upon prior experience. Excellent benefits package offered after 3 months of employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.presser.com.