Join Team JTC where your contribution will be valued.
The team vision is to carry out thorough, independent and thoughtful operational due diligence to identify both operational risks and associated mitigating controls in our clients’ third-party fund investments, and for investment managers first-class consultancy services. perfORM focuses on producing better outcomes for our clients through best-in-class operational risk assessments.
We use technology to enable us to do this in a smart and efficient way, both for our clients and for the team. Operational due diligence is an established practice in the Alternatives space (for example hedge funds, private equity) for which clients need our services and we believe increasingly in demand from other market segments, including long-only, crypto, and service providers who can benefit from our expertise.
Our perfORM product is at its core repeatable, scalable and standardised for our clients. And yet it will be flexible to offer clients both in depth and ‘ODD-lite’ reviews depending on their needs – in effect either engaging all our expertise (in excess of 200 queries) or something more light touch. Whatever the need all queries will come from the same, standard database that will continuously be refined and improved, and enable significant scalability.
Purpose of job
The senior operational due diligence consultant will focus on three core areas:
- Work closely with (or lead) the other team members to review operational due diligence questionnaires, service provider reviews and complete client reports end-to-end across a multitude of different fund strategies, including hedge funds, private equity and long-only.
- Play a key role in building our technology strategy and implementation to improve efficiency and client delivery.
- Manage client relationships directly or alongside other team members to deliver high levels of client satisfaction, trust and strong partnerships.
Given the seniority of the role, the consultant may take on line manager duties in time.
- Educated to a degree level
- Professional qualifications a benefit relating to accounting or investment roles, for example CAIA, CFA, ACCA, ACA
- Minimum 3 years ODD experience
- Critical to have an inquisitive and curious mind set
- Excellent attention to detail
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform ODD reviews by issuing appropriate Manager and Fund questionnaires to target investment manager and fund(s) on behalf of the client
- Key member of the senior management team and contributing to thought leadership / strategy
- Ensure timely receipt of questionnaires and complete any outstanding questions / gaps / documents
- Qualitatively assess operational risks across manager operations, staff, systems, information technology, compliance and service providers. This will include learning and understanding each ‘operational pillar’ so that where applicable solutions can be found to mitigate identified operational risks
- Assess manager and fund documentation including manager compliance, IT and fund governing documents
- Analyse results and prepare draft report
- Work closely with the team to ensure that priorities are agreed and client deadlines are met
- Contribute to ad hoc business initiatives including client pitches when required
Assist with ensuring that the operational due diligence process consistently reflects market and best practice and any key industry topics are incorporated
- Maintain team documentation and assist policy creation
- Assist business development with some element of client facing activities / duties
- Assist with (or lead) the build and continual development of our FolioMetrics system to service, streamline and provide better services to our clients including client portals, dashboards, API connectivity, automation and other related improvements
JTC is a publicly listed, global professional services business with deep expertise in fund, corporate and private client services. Every JTC person is an owner of the business and this fundamental part of our culture aligns us with the best interests of all of our stakeholders. Our purpose is to maximise potential and our success is built on service excellence, long-term relationships and technology capabilities that drive efficiency and add value.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).
To apply for this job please visit www.jtcgroup.com.