Are you a self-starter? Do you have experience managing and supporting the day to day efforts of running an office? We are looking for an Office Manager who will be a team player and a key partner in helping us operate our Buying Office.
The primary job responsibility of the Office Manager is to facilitate and oversee the daily operations of the NY Buying Office. This position will be involved in maintaining and developing procedures and best practices for office services and activities such as office supplies/equipment, coordination of facilities maintenance issues, daily interface with landlord’s representatives for building related processes such as badging, visitor access, etc. This position requires onsite management Monday through Friday, with the opportunity to work remotely on Fridays, occasionally, based on the needs of the facility and management discretion.
- Manage the daily operations of approximately 50,000 sq ft of office space. Develops procedures and policies for office services activities such as showroom calendaring, record keeping, office supplies, facilities maintenance, and office equipment.
- Responsible for event management including, planning coordinating, scheduling and event logistics. Oversee all planning activities for all corporate events held at the NY Buying office.
- Responsible for quickly and effectively resolving issues with office equipment and maintenance.
- Acts as a liaison with corporate office as well as outside vendors in handling deliveries and appointments.
- Collaborate with Mail Services and Sample Management staff members to maintain a clean and organized office environment
- Maintain relationship with Landlord’s building management team, and coordinate activities with them as needed (i.e. building badges, freight elevator access, janitorial service, etc.)
- Provides guidance and assistance with all administrative needs for the NY Buying office.
- Support senior level management including executives and management team when working in the NY Buying office on a weekly basis and partner with corporate executive office teams as needed
- Will be supporting a team of approximately 150 NY based merchants with influx of NJ merchants traveling to and from the NY buying office throughout the week.
- Must be comfortable handling changing circumstances due to rotating schedules of NJ/NY merchant team.
- May be responsible for up to 2 direct reports – front desk receptionists
- Must be resourceful with navigating complex hierarchy and working across all business functions and locations (NJ, NY, and CA) to support the merchant team.
- NOTE: Position requires onsite presence Monday – Friday (with the opportunity to work remotely on Fridays, occasionally, based on the needs of the facility and management discretion).
- High school diploma or equivalent, BA/BS college degree preferred
- 5-7 years prior office management/administrative experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Microsoft office (word, excel, power point and outlook) preferred.
- Ability to produce business correspondence using proper grammar, spelling, composition and punctuation with a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exceptional organization skills, ability to multitask and prioritize work activity based on need, attention to detail, initiative, and efficiency with follow-through.
- Computer proficiency with strong ability to maintain and organize data on spreadsheets.
- Strong self-starter with people orientation and exceptional collaboration skills.
- Passion for delivering high levels of customer service to both internal and external customers alike.
Rewards and Benefits:
Come join our team. You’re going to like it here!
You will enjoy a competitive wage, flexible hours, and an associate discount. Burlington’s benefits package includes medical, dental and vision coverage including life and disability insurance. Full time associates are also eligible for paid time off, paid holidays and a 401(k) plan.
We are a rapidly growing brand, and provide a variety of training and development opportunities so our associates can grow with us. Our teams work hard and have fun together! Burlington associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day. Burlington Stores, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
To apply for this job please visit burlingtonstores.jobs.