Business Systems Analyst (Remote)
Are you a passionate technologist looking to use advanced technology to save lives?
Are you A highly visible champion with a ‘can do’ attitude and enthusiasm that inspires others?
About our Team
Aries Systems transforms the way scholarly publishers bring high-value content to the world. We manage the complexities of modern print and electronic publishing. This is from submission to editorial management and peer review, to production tracking and publishing channel distribution.
About the Role
As a Business Systems Analyst you will collaborate with our development teams to devise and implement XML-based solutions. For production and peer review workflows. Ensuring that XML content meets the requirements of internal and external systems. You will work with customers to ensure their smooth transition from traditional to XML methods of working.
- Working with development teams to devise and implement new features for Aries’ XML-first workflows.
- Evaluating third-party tools, technologies, and services for suitability of use in XML workflows.
- Analyzing customers’ content and workflows to define requirements for transitioning them to an XML-based tool set.
- Analyzing requirements of online journal hosting platforms and ensuring content matches expectations.
- Have experience with journal workflows, including roles, functions, methods, and tools used for editing and composition.
- Experience in automating scholarly journal article workflows.
- Have knowledge of XML (in particular, JATS) and related technologies.
- Experience with Requirement Gathering, Workflow Analysis, XML Document Analysis, General Production workflow, interacting with Third Party vendors.
- Enjoy collaborating with teams to design a strategy to solve problems and implement solutions.
Work in a way that works for you
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organization. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, family leave and tuition reimbursement, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and long-term goals.
- Working flexible hours – flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.
Working for you
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
- Comprehensive, multi-carrier health plan benefits
- Disability insurance
- Dependent Care and Commuter Spending Accounts
- Life and Accident Insurance
- Retirement Benefits (Salary Investment Plan/Employer Stock Purchase Plan)
- Modern Family Benefits, including adoption and surrogacy
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world’s grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.
When you work with us, your work matters. You are part of an organization that nurtures your curiosity to stimulate innovation for the communities that we serve.
Growing Every Day
Like the communities we serve, you are on a constant path of discovery to shape your career and personal development.
Colleagues Who Care
You will be part of the Elsevier family. We will support your well-being and provide the flexibility you need to thrive at work and home.
To apply for this job please visit relx.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.