Duty Security Supervisor
- Maintain effective liaison with law enforcing agencies of the state government and airport operators. Attend Security Meetings conducted by BCAS. Responsible for the effective management of safety and security outcomes on a shift basis through hazard identification, safety and compliance monitoring and reporting.
- Inspect the airline security units/service provider in the airport and submit report to CSO/ Airport Manager. Update Airline Security Program as & when required. Oversee all passenger and aircraft handling operations on a shift basis, ensuring adherence to all arrival/departure checklists, brand requirements, company policy/procedures and regulatory requirements. Liaise with Guest Control, Network Control & SOC to manage operational disruption recovery and reduce impact to guest service and operational integrity.
- Deliver, maintain and rehearse station emergency response plan, disruption planning, diversion/delay handling and business continuity plans. Responsible for OTP on a shift basis including coordination, mitigation, accurate reporting and follow-up of delays. Responsible for promotion, delivery, monitoring and reporting on customer service-related standards, including performance against associated KPls. Ensuring adherence to local authority requirements, including but not limited to arrival/departure documentation and reporting.
- Make day-to-day operational decisions to manage and mitigate operational safety and security-related risks on a shift basis at station level, through effective evaluation and decision-making based on conditions, hazards and threats. Identification and reporting of safety and security-related occurrences and hazards in accordance with company procedures and local regulation.
- Degree level education desirable (A-level or baccalaureate equivalent) or relevant industry experience, with a demonstrable knowledge of frontline service delivery and communication skills. Previous exposure to highly pressured and multicultural environment in a supervisory role within a shift environment required
- Valid BCAS Certificate and complete refresher trainings as mandated by BCAS.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience within service, security, hospitality, airline or retail industry, with a relevant knowledge of aviation, travel industry and/or airport policies. Role requires mature personality with outstanding communication skills, supervisory skills and passion to deliver service. Role must balance guest-centric focus and corporate interest while maintaining highest safety and security standards and coordinating teams and service providers on shift.
COVID-19 UPDATE: The health and safety of our communities—including our employees and our candidates remains our top priority. From a recruiting perspective we are continuing to identify people for roles with Etihad in anticipation we will be able to hire, however the process may take longer because we are using more virtual recruiting techniques, and start dates may be delayed because of guidance from the governments in the countries we operate in. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility, Stay safe and healthy.
To apply for this job please visit careers.etihad.com.