Jefferson - North Philadelphia, PA
Patient Access Associate
Full Job Description
- Interviewing patients and performing all procedures necessary to accommodate patient needs and expedite the admission/registration process.
- Answering patient’s questions, explaining policies as required and guiding patients through registration/admission process.
- Verifying all information received for completeness and accuracy.
- Obtaining proof of insurance and photo identification.
- Ensuring that insurance verifications are completed and accurate for every encounter.
- Making every effort to collect copays at time of registration utilizing HP24.
- Obtaining Care Consent for all registrations on a consistent basis and following department policy on retaining them.
- Producing work of acceptable quality and working in an organized manner on assigned tasks or projects; getting work done in timely fashion; attending to details.
- Seeking help to improve performance; taking an active interest in learning all aspects of job; learning from mistakes; staying informed of Network goals and policies; accepting responsibility for own learning and using work experiences to learn.
- This position requires providing service to the following age population(s): infant through geriatric, in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individual served.
- High school graduate or equivalent with courses in medical terminology required.
- Good typing and computation skills required.
- EKG training with certification or medical assistant training with certification preferred.
Since this position will require the selected candidate to engage in regular contact with children in the form of care, guidance, supervision or training, you will be required to meet the requirements of the Child Protective Services Act, including the Pennsylvania State Police criminal background check, the Pennsylvania Department of Welfare child abuse criminal background clearance, and an FBI finger print based federal criminal records check. The selected candidate will not be allowed to commence working until all three (3) are completed satisfactorily.
Einstein Healthcare Network is a private, not for profit organization with several major facilities and many outpatient centers. Our primary mission is to provide compassionate, high quality healthcare to the greater Philadelphia region.
To apply for this job please visit recruit.jefferson.edu.