Front Desk Agent
Full Job Description
American freedom gained its foothold in Philadelphia – a fiercely independent spirit that remained to infuse its commerce, its culture, and its people. At the intersection of it all – the very vibrant Logan Square, now anchored by its namesake hotel, The Logan. The Logan inspires with a lively urbane flair and luxe aesthetic—a modern hotel designed as the beating heart of the city it calls home. The hotel makes a grand first impression—with its own collection of artworks, its subdued brand of stellar service, its unassuming luxury, and its warm and neighborly welcome. Confident and sophisticated, with an artful point of view.
Our associates understand the needs and wants of our guests and can address them without hesitation. They create a personalized experience for each person who visits The Logan and support one another in doing so. If you have a passion for pleasing others, a get it done mentality, and are looking for an opportunity to make a difference every day by enriching the lives of others, The Logan Hotel may be for you.
We are currently seeking a Front Desk Agent to join our amazing team!
Responds in a professional and courteous manner to arriving, departing and in-house guests by providing accurate and timely information and services. Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding reservations, hotel information and guest concerns.
- Greets and completes established check-in procedures for arriving guests on a daily basis, using both manual and computerized methods, in order to ensure guest are satisfied and in rooms as requested.
- Facilitates guest departure (check-out) on a daily basis by following established manual and computer procedures in order to close guest accounts and open the room for the next sell.
- Regularly calculates and/or posts monies, receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit using accurate, proper cash handling methods and established procedures in order to present the customer with timely and precise hotel charges upon check-out and maintain accurate hotel records.
- Courteously answers inquiries and accepts reservations, both in person and by telephone, by accurately communicating hotel rates and information and by using suggestive selling techniques to sell room nights, increase occupancy and revenue.
- Maintains good customer relations by keeping abreast of all in-house and area functions in order to answer questions and concerns with timely and knowledgeable responses, in person and on telephone.
- Operates the PBX equipment by accepting incoming calls, assisting outgoing calls, scheduling and setting wake-up calls and paging guests to provide guests with timely and efficient service.
- Controls cash transactions at the front desk and maintains complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel bank agreement policy.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have high school graduate level mathematical aptitude, know standard cash handling procedures and knowledge of computerized cash register systems.
- Must have past experience in dealing directly with the public and acquired general knowledge of basic customer service skills.
- Must be fluent in oral and written English.
- Must be able to use tact and understanding when dealing with a variety of customer service problems, including stressful and highly emotional situations.
- Must be highly organized and able to pay attention to minute written and verbal details, particularly when performing multiple tasks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to read written communiques and monochrome computer screen.
- Must be able to operate computer, calculator and telephone keyboards, for cash handling and paperwork processing.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal/written instructions, work on more than one task at a time, and be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- 90% of shift is standing, Bending/kneeling – repeated bending and kneeling required while filing.
- Mobility – must be able to reach all areas of hotel to assist clients.
- Occasional standing. Occasional carrying and lifting of files and office items up to 25 lbs.
Prolonged standing at indoor, thermostatically climate-controlled work station under florescent lighting. Work inside 95%
To apply for this job please visit sagehospitality.jobs.