Quantity Surveyor (Site)
Full Job Description
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Quantity Surveyor to join our Project site team! In this role you will get to p rovide support to the Commercial Manager/SQS on all financial and contractual matters throughout the course of the work in the project.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Assist the Commercial Manager/SQS in all matters relating to the financial and contractual aspects of the project.
- Participate, record and assist in the preparation of the minutes of the progress meetings.
- Provide support to the Commercial Manager/SQS on all financial and contractual matters throughout the course of the work in the project.
- Participate in all commercial meetings.
- Liaise with the Commercial Manager/SQS to ensure prompt submittal and completeness of Contractors monthly payment applications and assist the Commercial Manager/SQS in finalizing the payment certificates.
- Maintain and streamline all cost and quantity records.
- Advise the SRE and RE’s on measurement procedures and calculation of interim and final quantities.
- Evaluate the unit rates for new work items and present to the Commercial Manager/SQS for review.
- Participate in recording the details and monitor the day works recording and process.
- Assist the Commercial Manager/SQS in the preparation of variation orders.
- Participate in the Evaluate contractual claims for review by the Commercial Manager/SQS.
- Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of entitlement of Contractors claims for review and issuance by the Commercial Manager/SQS.
- Advice on contractual matters related to financial issues.
- Ensure completeness and validity of all contractual requirements.
- Monitor the contractor’s resource allocation.
- Assist the Commercial Manager/SQS in the preparation of financial statements for monthly report.
- Partake in the auditing of payments to Contractors.
- Check and record measurements of completed work.
- Monitor contracts final cost estimates.
- Assist the Commercial Manager/SQS in the review, negotiation and preparation of claim settlements with the Contract’s Department of Client and the Engineer/PMC.
- Participate in the preparation of Final Account with all supporting documentation.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring :
- Bachelor’s degree in quantity surveying or Civil Engineering
- Minimum 10 years experience in Quantity Surveying and Contract Administration on major infrastructure, utilities, bridges and irrigation projects in the UAE.
- Must have a sound knowledge about contractual relationships.
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring:
- Must be fully computer literate and able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc. and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software.
- Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
- Must be available in UAE
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.