Ability Supplies UK Limited
Assistant Retail Store Manager
Ability is Sunderland’s leading discount trade and DIY supplier, with over 9,000 product lines on sale. Our large site (3,000 sq. m) including store and warehouse, boasts a stock holding of over 700 pallets.
Due to continued success we are looking for an Assistant Retail Store Manager to oversee our store and warehouse teams.
At Ability we are proud of our staff and there is huge potential for career progression. There is no need to wait for vacancies – promotions are based on contribution and potential.
About the Role
- Reporting to the Operations Manager, as Assistant Retail Store Manager you will be leading teams of up to 30 staff, responsible for:
- Staff efficiency, motivation and morale
- Customer service standards
- Operational standards
- Stock availability
- Store presentation
Your main areas of focus will include:
- Supervising shop floor and warehouse operations
- Managing the goods inward, replenishment and till activities
- Being a great management role model to those around you
- Maintaining the efficiency and productivity of the store and warehouse staff
- Ensuring standards are maintained and processes are followed
- Staff training
- Project management
- Managing shrinkage, wastage and security
- Key-holding and alarm call out duties
- The store is open 7 days (Monday to Friday 7-6, Saturday 8-5 and Sunday 10-4)
- Standard hours are 42.5 per week (usually over 4-5 days), planned on a rota basis
- Alternative hours considered on a pro-rata salary scale.
- No night shift / late night working
The ideal Assistant Retail Store Manager will:
- Be an inspirational and motivational leader
- Be highly organised and dedicated
- Have real attention to detail
- Have good numeric and communication skills
- Demonstrate good spatial awareness
- Be a quick learner (people and processes)
- Be equally comfortable managing or getting stuck in if needed
- Be passionate and energetic – set the pace and standards for others to follow
- Tackle problems head on (continuous improvement)
- Be able to set, lead and follow procedures
- Successful candidates will thrive on the everyday challenges of modern, fast moving retail environments.
- Supervisory experience is essential
- Experience of using computers e.g. Word / Excel
- Retail or service environment experience preferred
- Competitive salary
- On-the-job training
- Potential for career progression
- Joining an already established local company
- No late night / night shift working required
- Elements of uniform provided
- Staff radios and duty manager phones provided
- Free parking
How to apply for the role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, click “apply” today and check your inbox for an email providing more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any supporting documents.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Other suitable skills and experience includes Retail, Wholesale, Trade, Floor Manager, Stock Manager, Quality Assurance, Supervisor, Customer Service, Warehouse, Operations
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00-£30,000.00 per year
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.co.uk.