Full Job Description
We believe we can develop the technology and gain the know-how to make that difference, tackling the climate challenge. It’s a big responsibility, and we have committed to do it. We have launched our ambition, MissionZero – enabling our customers to move towards zero emissions in mining and cement.
We need your skills, curiosity and drive for change to fulfil our goal. Together, we enable our customers to produce the materials needed for a better future.
Reporting to the Plant Head, you need to coordinate between suppliers, various logistics service providers, customer, customs, various certification organizations and with forwarders/CHAs for Logistics activities delivery of the equipment to the agreed point of delivery. Handles various tasks in connection with creating knowledge concerning delivery requirements of equipment to the project country according to country requirements/ legislation.
Coordinates and manages the delivery of goods in the most efficient way in order to optimize service and cost within the contractual agreed timeframe in coordination with production/planning, expeditors, order handling/Sales team, Project Managers and other external stakeholders such as suppliers, forwarders.
Manages both Freight & Imports/Export in a Manufacturing/Projects environment for shipments for engineering goods and projects industries. Should have excellent local/domestic global freight market knowledge.
- Coordinates deliveries with the suppliers, customer, third party warehouses, and customs agents and forwarders.
- Keeps contact with various internal stakeholder in operations/supply chain management to ensure timely delivery of goods as per dispatch/shipping plan.
- Obtains necessary information on import documentation and arrange the necessary import certificates as and when required according to country legislation
- Builds up and keeps contact with all internal and external stakeholders to have good collaboration and executional efficiency.
- Makes necessary arrangements and coordination with transporters and terminals to secure freight and timely delivery
- Follows up on deliveries to customers and projects
- Good Working knowledge of any ERP system such as Oracle R12.
- Has good practical working knowledge of Domestic/International shipping documentation, Incoterms-2020, payment terms such as L/C, CAD.
- Promotes a culture of personal and team safety, including others who may be affected by the company’s operational activities
What you bring
- A minimum bachelor’s degree
- Sound knowledge on the logistics, import/export handling
- At least 5+ years of experience as Shipping Co-Ordinator/Logistics Specialist
- Good communication skills and attitude.
- Co-ordination with internal and global teams.
- Independent thinking with a structured approach to tasks.
- Teamwork and Motivation.
- Quality Focus and on time delivery of documents to meet the schedule.
- Experience on ERP systems
- Good communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
What we offer
As an equal opportunity employer, FLSmidth embraces diversity and equality by promoting an environment of inclusion. We encourage applicants of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply – the more diverse our employees are, the stronger our team is.
Build a better world
FLSmidth helps build societies all over the world by contributing to the infrastructure needed for global economic growth. It is a big responsibility and we are committed to driving productivity while minimizing environmental impact. To achieve this, your skills, your curiosity, and your drive for change are important. Together, we create a collaborative, safe and supportive environment in which to discover ways to build a better future.
To apply for this job please visit flsmidth.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.