OMNI Delivery Driver
Full Job Description
This position is responsible for loading orders into an assigned company vehicle and following a scheduled route to ensure all deliveries are made in a safe and timely manner as scheduled. The Driver will also be responsible for delivering orders to various Customers’ homes within a specific geographical area. They will work with the Gold Store online grocery team to ensure successful and on time delivery of customer orders to Bronze Stores, pick up sites & Customers.
What you’ll do…
1. Protects company vehicle by conducting required daily and vehicle circle checks, maintaining fuel levels, and following maintenance and reporting procedures. Immediately reports any deficiencies or damage.
2. Operates company vehicles in various road conditions in a safe and responsible manner and ensures the vehicle is clean, tidy and well cared for.
3. Follows pre-determined scheduled delivery routes for Bronze store delivery, pick up sites and varying routes for Customer home delivery as required by home delivery orders. Operates the vehicle under control at all times in accordance with the company safety policies and procedures and highway rules and regulations.
4. Loads product onto the vehicle while ensuring it is properly loaded in the assigned vehicle, received, and orders are filled and shipped to customers accurately, meeting all food quality standards and processed in a timely manner to maximize efficiency and customer satisfaction. Delivers groceries to customers or business individual addresses depending on order requirements. This may include stairs, elevators or other requirements to get to customer required location.
5. Keeps teams informed on the progress and offers feedback throughout their route by reporting clear and accurate information, as required. Is knowledgeable about our service and promotes the business and products positively at all times.
6. Unloads deliveries to assigned store, validates the correct number of totes are being delivered, hands over driver manifest and customer invoices to bronze store OSA. Gets POD from store, collects returns, totes and paperwork from previous days deliveries and loads into vehicle. Returns to designated location back at the gold store.
7. Delivers customer orders to Customer’s residence or business and places the bagged groceries into the customer’s entrance. Takes appropriate steps to ensure personal safety when delivering groceries and navigating the various hazards including, customer pets, wearing appropriate clothing for the weather, and donning any appropriate personal protection equipment such as a safety vest and following all safety guidelines.
8. Reviews order with customer, reviews substitutions chosen on behalf of the customer and completes the return of any item not accepted on the hand-held device. Supports any issues to resolution.
9. Works cooperatively as a team with peers, completing other duties as assigned including working in stores as required picking products and fulfilling online orders. No driver premium will be paid while fulfilling these duties. For the GTA time fulfilling orders will be limited.
10. Is flexible in completing /adjusting to work assignments based on customer requests and meeting daily delivery schedules. Attends and participates in meetings as required.
11. Demonstrates a commitment to the mission and values of the organization through the use of effective team work. Understands that our business is focused on satisfying and exceeding the needs of our customers but also balancing those expectations with the needs of the organization and personal safety.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.